cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 02-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #21
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
Screw that, indeed; I was trying to be magnanimous. People speak very highly of you and the unfortunate circumstances of their departure. Being innocent of what happened, I thought I should come see what you were about. I was naive and thought that you'd be civil instead of misanthropic. If this still pisses you off after a year...maybe it's the latter, and your detractors were not off base.
Mike's got some understandably raw feelings about the situation, wuap. You might too if a handful of folks co-opted 90% of your community, and did it right in front of your face.

If you want to participate here, probably best not to talk about reconciliation and how magnanimous you are. Just post your opinions, have discussions, and leave the topic alone.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #22
wuapinmon

wuapinmon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
"your detractors." Funny.

What pisses me off is people coming over here telling me how to act and feel. What pisses me off is when my personal information is shared with people on that other site. What pisses me off is when people who were never here on this site, reveal that they know personal information about me, and come over here and tell me what a dumbass I am for staying here and not going over there.
I'm not sure if you're referring to me or not. If so, I think it's a bit of a mischaracterization of my intent and words. If not, then thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'll not mention it again, here or there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Mike's got some understandably raw feelings about the situation, wuap. You might too if a handful of folks co-opted 90% of your community, and did it right in front of your face.

If you want to participate here, probably best not to talk about reconciliation and how magnanimous you are. Just post your opinions, have discussions, and leave the topic alone.
Agreed, but I hadn't mentioned it until it was brought back up; I was trying to participate genuinely, and not motivated by some under-handed 'CUF Hometeacher' kind of way. I'm not talking about it anymore. However, I reserve the right to talk about how awesome and magnanimous I am whenever the mood strikes.
wuapinmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #23
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm not sure if you're referring to me or not. If so, I think it's a bit of a mischaracterization of my intent and words. If not, then thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'll not mention it again, here or there.

Agreed, but I hadn't mentioned it until it was brought back up; I was trying to participate genuinely, and not motivated by some under-handed 'CUF Hometeacher' kind of way. I'm not talking about it anymore. However, I reserve the right to talk about how awesome and magnanimous I am whenever the mood strikes.
Mike doesn't make nice unnecessarily.

And Robin thinks I'm an a..hole, just fair warning.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #24
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
However, I reserve the right to talk about how awesome and magnanimous I am whenever the mood strikes.
Sure you can, though that won't exactly distinguish you from the rest of us.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #25
wuapinmon

wuapinmon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Mike doesn't make nice unnecessarily.

And Robin thinks I'm an a..hole, just fair warning.
Well, I'm morbidly obese. I've heard he's not fond of that either, but I'm not worried.

As for Robin thinking you're an <redacted>, well, he thinks the same thing of me, so fair warning. However, I think that's a compliment coming from him. I know that Robin is persona non grata around these parts, so I won't mention him again.
wuapinmon is offline   Reply With Quote