cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 05-26-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm back...

Greetings from outer darkness.

So, I'm back. My apologies to those I offended during my last visit. I will keep my explanation brief -- during my last foray I decided to demonstrate 'what happens when someone is not invested in the community.' Consideration, manners, kindness, patience and the like are all the glue of civil society. I tossed those out the window and treated CG as my own little Tokyo to my Godzilla. In the end, the point of that object lesson was lost in the fact that 1. 'Teaching you all a lesson' is a condescending thing to do. 2. Crapping all over people lacks kindness and patience, which are two attributes that I try to cultivate in my life. Thus the 'experiement' was going strongly against the kind of personal character I am trying to develop. 3. It really wasn't a very effective way to bring about the kinds of changes that I would like to see in CG, which I think would make elevate this place from 'good' to 'great' status.

My last visit was a mix of Godzilla, and some genuine Robin. Unfortunately, some of the Robin was mistaken for Godzilla, and vice versa. For example, when I talked about the struggle of faith, and used my worshiping my dog as an example, I thought that was a pretty succinct example of the skeptic's dilemma. Unfortunately it hurt some people's feelings. There were other times when I was intentionally offensive, and I am not going to attempt to defend those times.

So, what can be expected this time? I can't promise that I will not offend, but if I offend you, it will not be because I am trying to be offensive.

Cheers!

R.F.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:14 PM   #2
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

I will have to agree that 'crapping all over people lacks kindness and patience.' Good to have you back Robin...and as a CG reminder, we are all only allowed to crap on JonnyLingo
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:51 AM   #3
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

You ought to change your icon to a live bird while you are actively posting, and revert back to the fossil when you leave again.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote