cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 10-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #11
dut99002

dut99002 is on a distinguished road

Moral of the story: Don't become an actuary.

dut99002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 PM   #12
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dut99002 View Post
Moral of the story: Don't become an actuary.

Yeah, I was pretty naive, but I already cast my lot with this profession, so what are you gonna do?

I've "diversified" now into computer programming with an actuarial bent, but that's a very small subset of a very small set.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #13
minn_stat

minn_stat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
I would have stayed in Colorado forever if the job hadn't sucked so much.
My sentiments exactly, Indy. I often tell people if I could have my current job in Minnesota, but live in our last Colorado home, I would never consider another job. Except it would be a long commute
minn_stat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #14
Indy Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn_stat View Post
My sentiments exactly, Indy. I often tell people if I could have my current job in Minnesota, but live in our last Colorado home, I would never consider another job. Except it would be a long commute
Castle Rock and environs is about to close to heaven as you're going to find in the Continental 48.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:17 PM   #15
minn_stat

minn_stat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Castle Rock and environs is about to close to heaven as you're going to find in the Continental 48.
My wife's two brothers lived in Castle Rock, one still lives there. It is a nice place.

We were on the other side of Denver, in Longmont. Not as pretty of a setting as Castle Rock. But the best run town I've ever lived in, all the major roads were built with growth in mind. In the middle of the drought (around 2003), every city around us was on mandatory water restrictions, but Longmont never went beyond voluntary restrictions. Any developer who wants to build in the city has to deed 3 acre-feet of water over to the city for every acre in the development.

One hour from our front door to Rocky Mountain National Park. We'd go up there for a picnic, hike, or camping trip five or six times every year. 30 minutes from Boulder, 45 minutes from downtown Denver. About the right concentration of mormons (about 3%) for my taste, keeps the wards a reasonable size. Close to our families in Utah.
minn_stat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:01 PM   #16
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Castle Rock is okay. Too close to Colorado Springs which has far too many whack job Christians, NORAD conspiracy theorists, and AFA.

I prefer NW area like Lakewood or Golden. Highlands Ranch isn't too bad but crowded now.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:51 PM   #17
Indy Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Castle Rock is okay. Too close to Colorado Springs which has far too many whack job Christians, NORAD conspiracy theorists, and AFA.

I prefer NW area like Lakewood or Golden. Highlands Ranch isn't too bad but crowded now.
The Springs are 45 minutes away, that's enough of a buffer zone. We enjoyed making the short trip down there from time to time to go see Garden of the Gods and have a picnic down there.

The Pike's Peak drive was fun too.