cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 03-24-2006, 10:44 PM   #21
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
I'm still not getting that he called us stupid. Maybe I am too stupid to get it.

I like clarity of expression. Without another post on his part, I'm going to assume he pretty much thinks we rock.
Well, I like to think that he wasn't thinking of me with the "middle of the bell curve" comment. I am pretty sure he meant Lingo.

:wink:
Old 03-24-2006, 11:35 PM   #22
Anonymous

Anonymous

Darn straight. I consider 123 posts a hostile takeover.

Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:36 PM   #23
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Also, I was logged in for that last post, I swear. ops:
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:44 PM   #24
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn! I am such a wuss.

Props to Outlier, who undoubtedly has more strength in his convictions than I.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:07 PM   #25
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
Also, I was logged in for that last post, I swear. ops:
See what I mean? That's just the middle-of-the-bell-curve kind of thinking I am talking about. Now, if you were a true intellectual outlier like Outlier and had all those swell test scores he documented for us, this never would have happened.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #26
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Outlier makes an interesting distinction between 'community' and 'diversion.'

There are plenty of regulars here that probably view CG and CB as community. There are plenty of other regulars who see it all as a diversion.

My own 'meltdown' was realization that this place would probably never be a communtiy for me. I was interested in community, and didn't want to waste my time with diversions. But diversions come and diversions go. Community lasts.

Creekster wrote (during my 'meltdown'):

Quote:
I enjoy CG and CB, but I have to say the only thing I find troubling about this whole episode is that you are talking about the whole experience like you were banished from your house when in fact you were only prevented from particiapting in a small portion of a website whose only purpose is to host messages between a semi-anonymous group of sports fans.
That was the moment I realized that Creekster was right, and I had been the fool. I had thought that I was participating in a 'community,' when people like Creekster and Outlier, and probably most of the 'regulars' saw it all as an elaborate diversion. I was imagining a 'five-year meet-and-greet' in arches national park, and others were thinking of it all as cigarette break at work.

Good luck in NY, Outlier, and I hope you get that killer Minesweeper score you always wanted.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote