cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Bikini, cool or immodest
Cool, unless she's two ton Bertha 36 75.00%
Cool, every gal should own four or five 5 10.42%
Uncool, immodest from the bowels of hell 6 12.50%
Evil, shows you what living in Vegas can do to you 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2008, 04:53 AM   #41
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
First, did you change your name?

Second, MASSIVE bonus points for Turtle. Here on the North Shore we treat friends more better. I went to that movie premiere...won tickets on KROQ and met the guy who played Rick Kane. No Mia, unfortunately.
Nobody listens to Turtle. North Shore is such a great movie with iconic surfers playing big parts. Seeing Occy in it cracks me up. Gerry Lopez is the man. And seeing Laird Hamilton playing the antithesis to everything he does is pretty funny also.

Yes, I changed my name. Just dropped the "33." It was a hold over from Cougarboard and since I haven't posted there in ages I have been meaning to change it.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:04 AM   #42
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
Nobody listens to Turtle. North Shore is such a great movie with iconic surfers playing big parts. Seeing Occy in it cracks me up. Gerry Lopez is the man. And seeing Laird Hamilton playing the antithesis to everything he does is pretty funny also.

Yes, I changed my name. Just dropped the "33." It was a hold over from Cougarboard and since I haven't posted there in ages I have been meaning to change it.
Gerry Lopez as the leader of the Hui.

"You took his stuff....you pound him."

Laird Hamilton as Lance Burkhart with the best line of the movie:

"I thought I said a big board, but loose Chandler. The nose is too thick. I don't ride waves going straight like some people I know.....you still have a single-fin mentality. I need a big board with lots more rocker....that's an old man's board, Chandler."

And all those Hot Tuna t-shirts.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:33 AM   #43
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

As soon as Lions begin shaving their manes I will start waxing my back. My natural sweater vest is not only hott!, but it's a sign of virility.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #44
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
First of all, let's cut the crap. EVERYONE notices everyone else's body at the pool or beach. You may not verbalize the critiques or observations, but you definitely make them. Everyone does.

That being said, you are correct. The last thing women need to see at the pool is some dude taking off his shirt and causing a flabalanche. Also, hairy backs work well on apes and mammoths, not humans.

Second, I don't think that a figure has to be perfect, but people need to be honest with themselves.

A note to pregnant women.......there are maybe 3 or 4 people on the planet who think your 3-trimester bellybutton is hot....and 2 or 3 of them are in jail for sex crimes. That being said, a pregnant woman is cool when she shows up at the beach and has the pregnancy glow. Doesn't mean that it is hot, but is IS cool.

For women that wear bikinis.....here is a rule of thumb...put your bikini on in your home and sit down on a chair or on the couch. If you get one stomach roll, go with it...everyone has some fat. If you have two rolls, proceed with caution...family members or friends only. If you have more than 3 rolls, wear the burka.

Sassy said it herself.....she doesn't want leering, but she wants attention. Nothing wrong with it, but you gotta roll with the punches. You cant pick and choose your attention.

For the guys who wear boardshorts....fellas, no matter how much you suck in the gut to get the velcro fly to close, it will eventually spill out into a nice, tasty muffin top. Do yourself a favor and go elastic waistband until you get your portable heart attack under control.

For the guys who wear elastic waistband (aka "trunks"), you are not kidding anyone. You are wearing them to contain the muffin top, so hiking the waist up a few inches higher is not fooling anyone.

I respect everyone's right to rock whatever gear they so choose. I am just saying that it is unrealistic to expect that others wont notice. The bigger issue...who cares if others critique?
I don't have a problem with people noticing when someone looks absolutely fabulous at the beach or when someone else looks not so great. I have a problem with this attitude that if a woman does not have the perfect body she somehow does not have the right to wear a swimsuit outside of her house. Those type of comments are cruel and arrogant, as if the only reason for a woman to go to the pool is to parade around as eye candy for the men.

I also noted that there is a double standard. You don't find women sitting around nit-picking at every body flaw of the men at the pool but many men act as if it is their responsibility to do this to women. Men can be bald, old, fat, hairy and gray and it's fine, but if a woman has a few dimples on her thighs she's disgusting and should be covered.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #45
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
Men can be bald, old, fat, hairy and gray and it's fine, but if a woman has a few dimples on her thighs she's disgusting and should be covered.
Good point and I agree with you completely.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #46
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't mind the fat chicks in bikinis if there was ONE reasonably hot chick in a bikini who ever showed up at the pool. Just ONE.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #47
venomous viper

venomous viper is on a distinguished road

My wife is a grandmother and she is still hot in a swimsuit. Not the perfect model type, but after 6 kids you can only HOPE that your better half will look so good!!!
venomous viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #48
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe that anorexia and eating disorders are big problems in the USA. But I believe obesity and its attendant sequelae are an even larger problem by several orders of magnitude.

I'm against fat marriage. If we allow fatties to marry, then people that might have otherwise tried to stay skinny will just let themselves go, because it is now socially acceptable to be fat.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #49
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
I don't have a problem with people noticing when someone looks absolutely fabulous at the beach or when someone else looks not so great. I have a problem with this attitude that if a woman does not have the perfect body she somehow does not have the right to wear a swimsuit outside of her house. Those type of comments are cruel and arrogant, as if the only reason for a woman to go to the pool is to parade around as eye candy for the men.

I also noted that there is a double standard. You don't find women sitting around nit-picking at every body flaw of the men at the pool but many men act as if it is their responsibility to do this to women. Men can be bald, old, fat, hairy and gray and it's fine, but if a woman has a few dimples on her thighs she's disgusting and should be covered.
Obese people should avoid overexposure.

However, I really don't notice average people who wear bikinis or board shorts. IOW, I don't pick them apart or particularly pay them any attention. The only ones which come to mind are the extraordinary ones beautiful or ugly.

And I agree with the women, that guys never really take a look at themselves as many look ridiculous physically.

And a final not of my shallowness. During masters swimming, after a particularly hard set, the coach called over to Archaea, who unthinkingly, listened and opened mouth while inserting foot.

"Archaea, I got an extra suit given to me, a 36, do you want it?"

Me, choking, "Gosh Coach I'm not a fat dude, but thanks no."

Guy behind me, "coach I AM a fat dude but I'll take it."

Cute gal behind me as I slink underneath. "Talk about an asshole move."

Me acknowledging the stupidity of my kneejerk reaction, "but at least you're cute."

Okay, time to push off and hope nobody noticed those series of exchanges.

I might be the only who likes Speedo bikinis on triathletes. And the bodies of female triathletes are better than the bodies of most female swimmers. I have no expertise to comment upon the men.

So celebrate means being proud of hard work, and some gifts from mother nature. Balzac has some statues of bodies, imperfect but impressive. None of our bodies will be perfect forever, but we needn't rush to fatten them with Twinkies and bad shit for food.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #50
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I believe that anorexia and eating disorders are big problems in the USA. But I believe obesity and its attendant sequelae are an even larger problem by several orders of magnitude.

I'm against fat marriage. If we allow fatties to marry, then people that might have otherwise tried to stay skinny will just let themselves go, because it is now socially acceptable to be fat.
I think they have fought so hard against anorexia that it has swung the other way. The youth of this nation is fat and out of shape.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote