cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road
Default Man Installing Satellite TV Shoots, Kills Wife

Quote:
Officials are trying to determine whether to file charges against a man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite television system in their home.

According to sheriff's department spokesman Maj. Robert Hills, Ronald Long fired a shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means. Investigators said Ronald Long believed his family was inside the house.

He told authorities that he fired a second shot, then called out his wife's name and the names of their two children. When he got no reply, he ran outside and found his wounded wife.

Patsy Long was hit by the second of two shots fired by Ronald Long, the Henry County Sheriff's Department said.

Hills said a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that was up to the prosecutor.
What??? How could you possibly not consider filing charges? Even if the sentence commuted (or plea bargained) charges MUST be filed! It's the only way to send a message to men who recklessly use guns to punch holes in their walls! Probably the guy actually intended to kill his wife, too.

I wonder if Patsy Long had a bicycle.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/15701029/detail.html

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #2
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
What??? How could you possibly not consider filing charges? Even if the sentence commuted (or plea bargained) charges MUST be filed! It's the only way to send a message to men who recklessly use guns to punch holes in their walls! Probably the guy actually intended to kill his wife, too.

I can't imagine filing charges in a case like this. Man is an idiot, kills his beloved wife and mother of his children. then he is imprisoned (kids put in foster care where they can be neglected if lucky, abused if unlucky and raped if they gret the truly short straw) and all because he was stupid, not bad

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I can't imagine filing charges in a case like this. Man is an idiot, kills his beloved wife and mother of his children. then he is imprisoned (kids put in foster care where they can be neglected if lucky, abused if unlucky and raped if they gret the truly short straw) and all because he was stupid, not bad
Maybe COMCAST can rehabilitate him.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post

I take it you think this is the same as the deputy who killed the cyclists?

(see how easy it is to get me to take the bait?)