cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
I see now the need for a new forum. CB's bigotry has infiltrated CG in the form of DDD.
I didn't mean to say you are sexual preference. I meant your sexual preference. It seems you caught my drift.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I don't know what's going on.

And maybe Mike's being a dick.

But it seems Mike deserves some patience, since he's put a lot of effort in making this board what it is today, which is a pretty damn good board.
I wonder if many here feel that mikewaters has been given patience, ad infinitum?

This is a watershed moment for him. Does he even care enough to address this? Or is he too prideful to apologize for bad behavior? I am not even sure this is about him, frankly, which is why I made my request a few posts above.

But here is someone who built something viable and now appears fully content to allow it to be destroyed, rather than to get in here and address the issue. This is a community. The community is unhappy about something, or at the very least, grown bored with something. I would think that if it were me, I would at least be asking what the problem is. Why the ambivalence?

As I have stated before, the coincidence in all of this is uncanny. As with the Godfather, Michael Corleone ends up sitting in a chair in the dead autumn cold, alone, no friends, no family, trusts nobody, those around him only so because they are paid, as he ponders his behavior and how he alienated everyone close to him. Fade to black.

It isnt a cool story, btw. It is a sad one.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #13
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I didn't mean to say you are sexual preference. I meant your sexual preference. It seems you caught my drift.
I work with engineers and thus am used to people who have a strained relationship with the English language.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #14
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Why?
I'm curious as to the answer to this question as well.

This new cougaruteboard or whatever sounds exactly like what CG is right now. Perhaps I'm missing something.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #15
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post

This new cougaruteboard or whatever sounds exactly like what CG is right now. Perhaps I'm missing something.
Those of us without access to the secret message area they all use are in the cold on this one. Somehow Triplet ticked Waters off, Waters temporarily banned him, and now a cadre want to take their ball elsewhere.

The whole thing is odd.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #16
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I wonder if many here feel that mikewaters has been given patience, ad infinitum?

This is a watershed moment for him. Does he even care enough to address this? Or is he too prideful to apologize for bad behavior? I am not even sure this is about him, frankly, which is why I made my request a few posts above.

But here is someone who built something viable and now appears fully content to allow it to be destroyed, rather than to get in here and address the issue. This is a community. The community is unhappy about something, or at the very least, grown bored with something. I would think that if it were me, I would at least be asking what the problem is. Why the ambivalence?

As I have stated before, the coincidence in all of this is uncanny. As with the Godfather, Michael Corleone ends up sitting in a chair in the dead autumn cold, alone, no friends, no family, trusts nobody, those around him only so because they are paid, as he ponders his behavior and how he alienated everyone close to him. Fade to black.

It isnt a cool story, btw. It is a sad one.
I seem to be unique in that I don't take this or any other message board as seriously as most. Maybe I should re-evaluate. I'm ever the profane one, I guess. The written word is indeed a powerful thing.

Anyway, Waters has never offended me, and no one has been more a target of his invective than me. I find his antics quite entertaining, and I think we understand one another. I do think, as I've said, that Waters himself should lighten up. Some of the board's best repartee has gone on between 3D and Waters, and Robin and Waters, but I guess it has upset him. Even 3D's suspension provided opportunity for hilarity, as far as it went, in my view.

The new board doesn't seem to me to provide soil for the kind of color we've experiened here but maybe that's the point. I doubt 3D can even get his game going unless there's opposition.

But on an optimistic note, I think the boards serve two different purposes and can co-exist. I'm pleased Pelagius has moved on with his Suday School lessons, which bored me to tears. Someone I love and respect recently said to me that one of the most important lessons you can teach your children is to hate church.

For what it's worth, I hate the name of the new board.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:45 PM   #17
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I doubt 3D can even get his game going unless there's opposition.
Hecklers are only one source of material, my friend. The best stand-ups simply riffed off the top of their head.

Besides, Tex registered over there.

As the Foo Fighters once said: Alone + Easy Target.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 11-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #18
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Hecklers are only one source of material, my friend. The best stand-ups simply riffed off the top of their head.

Besides, Tex registered over there.

As the Foo Fighters once said: Alone + Easy Target.
I just did it so I can get the jump on some fresh blacks and the priesthood threads.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #19
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I just did it so I can get the jump on some fresh blacks and the priesthood threads.
LOL!

Tex, awesome, my man. Now THAT is what I am talking about!

In a word: hilarious.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #20
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post

The idea, if I'm not mistaken, is to reproduce CG but with an oligarchy/democracy instead of a monarchy. This setup would serve as a buffer so that any single person's sinusoidal behavior patterns wouldn't have an unduly drastic effect on the board as a whole.

CUF, I'm certain, was never intended as an affront to Mike, just to help CG move closer to what Mike had stated was its original objective. Mike knows that, of course.

Anyhow, it is hard to deny that there has been an awful lot of drama involved with CG. At the same time, if you think about it, for CG, this is simply another act in the play.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote