cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 03:34 AM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sickening

Anyone watching 20/20? This guy calls in to a mcdonalds and says he is a cop and that this girl was accused of stealing so he makes the manager take her in to the back room and search her, he makes her get completely naked (all of this over the phone while the manager and girl do everything he says) Then the managers boyfriend comes in he makes her get naked and eventually she performs oral sex on him. This is sick i feel so bad for this girl.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2684890&page=1

Here is the link, the guy ends up spanking her, making he do jumping jacks, all sorts of nasty things. The worst part is the manager that started it all of it only got 1 year probation.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:46 AM   #2
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I don't get it. The fiance wasn't in on it? Why did he do it? That manager must have a really low IQ.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:38 AM   #3
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw the report. Sickening beyond belief. And then you find out it's a scam the guy has pulled all over the country. All at fast food restaurants while he is on a payphone in Florida. They caught him and it turns out he was a prison guard. He was apparently very talented at convincing stupid people that he was a police officer and needed to conduct strip searches etc... right over the phone.

In answer to your question SU, no the fiancee was not in on it. The caller, who as mentioned was in another state, directed the manager to get her fiancee in the room with the girl. Over a period of 4 hours he convinced this man to do increasingly sexual things in the name of policework. Obviously, by the time mr. fiancee got to asking for the oral sex he must have known it was all a hoax but that didn't stop him. He's doing 5 years in prison now.

One thing I thought was a bit sleazy was 20/20 showing the blurred out footage of the poor girl doing all of these things. They had plenty of video that didn't involve the sexual assault. Seemed very shock value-esque to me.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:57 AM   #4
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I know this may sound cruel, but just how stupid can these people be? That's just amazing.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:09 AM   #5
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I know this may sound cruel, but just how stupid can these people be? That's just amazing.
Incredibly stupid. So stupid that McDonalds has had to include a section in their manager training manual about strip search phone calls.

Oh, and the poor girl who was abused is now suing McDonalds for $200 Million.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #6
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I just finished reading cases about the Legal-Duty Rule, where a person cannot claim a reward for doing something they were legally bound to do.

The leading case concerns several Kentucky police officers who caught a fugitive who had robbed a bank in their jurisdiction. In other words, it was their job to go find him. Then they tried to claim the reward the bank offered for his capture. They tried to be rewarded for doing what they were already supposed to do.

I thought to myself, only in Kentucky.

Two minutes later, I logon and read this article....
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Incredibly stupid. So stupid that McDonalds has had to include a section in their manager training manual about strip search phone calls.

Oh, and the poor girl who was abused is now suing McDonalds for $200 Million.
Not being an attorney, perhaps someone can explain to me how McDonalds is liable for this? I can understand the caller and the manager and the fiance being responsible, but the corporation?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #8
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Not being an attorney, perhaps someone can explain to me how McDonalds is liable for this? I can understand the caller and the manager and the fiance being responsible, but the corporation?
Because it happened under their roof, and they hired the manager who negligently let the ordeal transpire.

Additionally, McDonalds has deep pockets. If this had happened at someone's home, there would be no money to go after; perhaps the district attorney would file a criminal charge.

Also note had this happened at Bill & Nada's Cafe, there would have been a suit, but maybe for $20k, not $200 million.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #9
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Because it happened under their roof, and they hired the manager who negligently let the ordeal transpire.

Additionally, McDonalds has deep pockets. If this had happened at someone's home, there would be no money to go after; perhaps the district attorney would file a criminal charge.

Also note had this happened at Bill & Nada's Cafe, there would have been a suit, but maybe for $20k, not $200 million.
I can understand that - though if I could make the rules, I wouldn't allow corproations to be sued for the actions of their employees. Of course, had McDonalds instructed this manager to do those things, I'd be all for McDonalds getting sued.

Is personal responibility now archaic thinking in the field of law?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.

Last edited by il Padrino Ute; 12-02-2006 at 07:32 PM.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #10
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

utterly disturbing.. what's wrong with people in this world?
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote