cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
I don't mind reporters asking the questions. They can ask what they want. It is their job to ask questions. I get annoyed at the reporter and anyone else that expects anything other than an emotional response when a microphone is shoved in somebody's face minutes after losing.
moron, it's not shoved in their face. they are invited to come over for an interview. they accept.

you sure are quick to criticize the reporters, but now in just two posts I have outted two lies from you.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #2
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
moron, it's not shoved in their face. they are invited to come over for an interview. they accept.

you sure are quick to criticize the reporters, but now in just two posts I have outted two lies from you.
lol you don't think the reporters chase these people down? I am not lying. I was interviewed as an athlete.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
lol you don't think the reporters chase these people down? I am not lying. I was interviewed as an athlete.
I see that I am talking to a rock. that's all.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #4
Flystripper

Quote:
I see that I am talking to a rock. that's all.
Nice I am the rock? That is funny coming from you.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:27 AM   #5
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
I don't like sideline reporters talking to athletes immediately after they lose. Did you see what that idiot woman sideline reporter did to the little Asian girl when she didn't make the finals in platform? Give the athletes some time. They just barely lost and 4 years of training has come to an end. To expect a response other than a dickhead one is unrealistic.
That diving interview really bothered me. They media should have some respect, as well. Cut away and give the little kid a minute. It certainly wasnt something I wanted to see and it annoyed me that she kept the microphone in her face the entire time.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:59 PM   #6
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
No, it wasn't a legitimate question. At least not at the time it was asked. It was an antagonistic question by a sideline reporter who has shown very little courtesy and professionalism toward most of the athletes that he's interviewed. Did you see him interviewing Spearmon the other day (who wasn't exactly Mr. Class himself)? The guy just got dq'ed in the Olympic finals and he is egging him on, trying to get a good soundbite out of him. "You're going to WHAH?!?!?!? PROTEST??? Why???"
Thank you!! I've been disgusted by him this entire Olympics, grilling athletes like he's investigating Watergate.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:39 PM   #7
Flystripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
That's a good question. You know how sometimes you just can't stand someone, but you're not totally sure why? That's how I feel about him. He comes of as an arrogant a-hole to me, which is fine if you at least have a personality.

My suspicions were confirmed when he got his butt kicked yesterday and instead of taking it like a man, he acted like a spoiled little brat. The interviewer asked him how dropping his coach a few months ago contributed to him losing, a completely legitimate question, but he just dismissed and walked away, like he's above being questioned.
They asked him if if was a mistake to have dropped his previous coach 2 minutes after he lost the race and you expect a civil answer? That being said he is not all that likable.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #8
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
What makes track so attractive to European sports fans, but so unattractive to American fans?
Americans need sensual, quick and cheap gratification. Gaudy glitzy uniforms, lots of points scored. Bodies crashing. Jumbotrons. Talking heads. Noise noise noise. We need teams to mentally associate with as escapism. Plus, our world class athletes are migrating to the sports where local taxes and tax free bonds are subsidizing their bloated salaries.

We aren't a country that can appreciate the most stripped down and pure form of athletic competition, one on one, just running or throwing stuff, or jumping, and scantily dressed and doing it just for themselves.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote