cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Definition of Mullah?

what's your definition of a mullah?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
See: tooblue
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Mullahs = those with whom you disagree or who criticze you but with whom you share a religious belief.

Intellectual = 1. When used publicly, those who seem smart or those whose posts you don't understand; 2. when used privately, yourself and those that agree with you; 3. when used by Rocky, those without fully functional reproductive capabilities.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Mullahs = those with whom you disagree or who criticze you but with whom you share a religious belief.

Intellectual = 1. When used publicly, those who seem smart or those whose posts you don't understand; 2. when used privately, yourself and those that agree with you; 3. when used by Rocky, those without fully functional reproductive capabilities.
Well done.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
As the conscience of Cougarguard,,it would be anyone who disagrees, mocks, makes fun of or calls out an intellectual on his B.S. In a caustic way of course.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #7
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

I guess I better stop calling people Mullahs if that's it.

I would define Mullahs differently. They are those who take an unrealistically literal and absolutist view of religious canon and dogma and pronouncements by religious leaders. They usually feel discomfort placing religion in historical context, providing historical or empirical explanations for religion, or engaging in Biblical or B of M or B of A or D&C exegesis. Typically they see such activities as worse than a fool's errand; they see such activities as flirting with damnation, indeed, the adversay himself.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #8
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I guess I better stop calling people Mullahs if that's it.

I would define Mullahs differently. They are those who take an unrealistically literal and absolutist view of religious canon and dogma and pronouncements by religious leaders. They usually feel discomfort placing religion in historical context, providing historical or empirical explanations for religion, or engaging in Biblical or B of M exegesis. Typically they see such activities as worse than a fool's errand; they see such activities as flirting with damnation, indeed, the adversay himself.
Lighten up Francis. I was trying to be funny (apparently without much success). The key to my point was your use of the word "unrealistically". unrealistic according to who? It is all subjective. Mullah to you is all of us, almost. Mullah to me is something else altogether. Mullah is always the other guy, who is being unreasonable. It is always that way. Mullah is intended to mean someone is being unreasonable and none of us ever are, even you and Rocky (to pick a couple of extremes), if you ask us.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #9
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Lighten up Francis. I was trying to be funny (apparently without much success). The key to my point was your use of the word "unrealistically". unrealistic according to who? It is all subjective. Mullah to you is all of us, almost. Mullah to me is something else altogether. Mullah is always the other guy, who is being unreasonable. It is always that way. Mullah is intended to mean someone is being unreasonable and none of us ever are, even you and Rocky (to pick a couple of extremes), if you ask us.
Lighten up, Francis. There is always an element of the dark comic speaking in my posts. I anticipated someone would seize on my use of "unrealistically." As you know, I don't believe in using TIC. Still, as with most good comedy, there is a core of truth to what I wrote.

Tooblue has this inferiority complex that he's regarded as a mullah; he has mullahish tendencies but I think he really would be an impure mullah.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #10
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Lighten up, Francis. There is always an element of the dark comic speaking in my posts. I anticipated someone would seize on my use of "unrealistically." As you know, I don't believe in using TIC. Still, as with most good comedy, there is a core of truth to what I wrote.

Tooblue has this inferiority complex that he's regarded as a mullah; he has mullahish tendencies but I think he really would be an impure mullah.
I am trying far too hard to be funny today to lighten up. Sorry.