cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2008, 09:29 PM   #21
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
A couple of thoughts:
1. I'm surprised you self identify as a Republican with the "our party" verbiage.
I get that a lot these days. I kinda feel like the party left me behind, only it left me sometime before I was born. I reregistered independent this summer, after McCain sold out to the neocon line. I just don't want anything to do with this platform anymore.

Quote:
2. I agree that using ones vote is an excellent way to reject his message. I had just such a chance during the Republican primary. I'm not sure that I agree with the conclusion that rejecting the Republican party in the general election is the best way to limit the influence of Dobson. Voting for a party that I find even more distasteful on the whole than the Republican party, simply because I don't like certain aspects of or people with influence in the Republican party, doesn't seem to me like the best way to repudiate or eliminate those aspects or people I dislike. That seems rather like cutting off my nose to spite my face.
I understand that. I just truly believe they'll keep going with what's working. We have to lose for us to win.

Quote:
3. As long as you're not proposing any external limitations on Dobson's speech or ability to promote his message then I say "have at it"
So I should call off the gag order, then?

Incidentally, I called Focus on the Family today and asked to speak to Dobson. They wouldn't put me through. They did, however, agree to take us off the mailing list.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote