cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2008, 04:27 AM   #21
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
I seem to remember a report a few years back that some place had invented the Roethlis-Burger. Are they still doing that? It looked like a complete mess, a heart attack in a bun.
I haven't been to Pittsburgh since they have won the Super Bowl, so I must have missed that. I'd love it if Big Ben got addicted to his own hamburger and ate himself out of the league.

That's another thing to do in Pittsburgh. Burn Kimo Von Oelhoffen in effigy right outside Heinz Field.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:31 AM   #22
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I haven't been to Pittsburgh since they have won the Super Bowl, so I must have missed that. I'd love it if Big Ben got addicted to his own hamburger and ate himself out of the league.

That's another thing to do in Pittsburgh. Burn Kimo Von Oelhoffen in effigy right outside Heinz Field.
Would it help ease your pain if I told you the Bengals were going to get their ass kicked regardless?
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:40 AM   #23
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Would it help ease your pain if I told you the Bengals were going to get their ass kicked regardless?
Pure supposition. May the Steelers and their fathead fans enjoy a future filled with Bubby Brister and Mike Tomczak clones.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:49 AM   #24
Runner Coug

Quote:
Pure supposition. May the Steelers and their fathead fans enjoy a future filled with Bubby Brister and Mike Tomczak clones.
Hey, don't you let 'em get you down. The Steelers may have given us the Immaculate Reception, The Steel Curtain, five Super Bowl trophies, six super bowl appearances and 17 coaches and players in the HOF, but the Bengals gave us the Ickey Shuffle, and that's cool, too.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:53 AM   #25
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Hey, don't you let 'em get you down. The Steelers may have given us the Immaculate Reception, The Steel Curtain, five Super Bowl trophies, six super bowl appearances and 17 coaches and players in the HOF, but the Bengals gave us the Ickey Shuffle, and that's cool, too.
So why can't they afford a logo on both sides of the helmet? A little symmetry never hurt anybody.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:58 AM   #26
Runner Coug

Quote:
So why can't they afford a logo on both sides of the helmet? A little symmetry never hurt anybody.
Why mess with perfection?

You should have asked me why they can't afford a field that you can actually play football on. That would have shut me up.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #27
FMCoug

FMCoug

Having served in the PPM, a few ideas:

1. Go to "The Dirty O", officially known as the Original Hot Dog Shop. Best fries in the universe and the dogs are good too.

2. Ride the Monangahela Incline. Great views of the city and rivers. Mount Washington overlook is up top and is great for taking photos. IIRC, they have those binocs you put a quarter in up there.

3. The Pitt campus is pretty cool. There is some sort of tower there you can go to the top of. Though I wonder if we didn't like street contacting on the campus more for the two-legged scenery.

What I don't recommend is going street contacting downtown, wandering in front of an adult bookstore without realizing it, and not being able to figure out the looks people are giving you when you offer them a Book of Mormon.

It would also be best not to get in an argument with a black gangbanger about blacks and the priesthood if he happens to be packing heat.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #28
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=FMCoug;239011]Having served in the PPM, a few ideas:

3. The Pitt campus is pretty cool. There is some sort of tower there you can go to the top of. Though I wonder if we didn't like street contacting on the campus more for the two-legged scenery.

QUOTE]

Everyone should go to the "Tower of Knowledge" or Tower of Learning" or whatever that is called. It's pretty neat.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #29
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
1. Go to "The Dirty O", officially known as the Original Hot Dog Shop. Best fries in the universe and the dogs are good too.
This is one of our customers. Good Idaho Pototoes.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #30
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
This is one of our customers. Good Idaho Pototoes.

Wish I had know that 18 years ago. It was banned for missionaries. That woudl have been a good argument to make (MP was from Rexburg).