cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road
Default The Duchess

No, this isn't the post about DDD; there's also a movie called "The Duchess."

This flick is about the Princess Diana of her day (latter half of the 18th century). It's an intimate portrait of the personal choices she had to make given the circumstances of her life -- all the world loved her, except her husband. Excellent acting from Keira Knightley, who after this movie and Atonement I don't ever want to see in a non-period piece movie again. Highly recommended.

Would you give up true love, and your only chance of conjugal happiness, for your children? How do you live in a household where your best friend becomes the mistress of your husband? Would you give up a child if your spouse forced you to?

My wife thought there was "too much sex" in the movie, but it still deserves its PG-13 rating, IMO.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12

Last edited by Levin; 10-12-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Homo.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Homo.
Will someone remind me (or tell me for the first time) why this creep is still allowed to post on the board when it's obvious that nobody can stand him?

Never mind: I guess that's not a good standard for membership in the club here.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #4
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
Will someone remind me (or tell me for the first time) why this creep is still allowed to post on the board when it's obvious that nobody can stand him?

I hope some birds froze and died in the storm last night.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #5
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Read the Cougarguard by-laws. In the section entitled "Suffering Fools," there is an exception known as the "Levin Clause," which basically states that unpopular/non-contributing members will be allowed to remain.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:43 PM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I think you may have made a mistake on this one Levin. Rocky regularly uses homo as shorthand for homogenous. It's his version of ditto. He's trying to say that he's the same as you and liked The Duchess.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I think you may have made a mistake on this one Levin. Rocky regularly uses homo as shorthand for homogenous. It's his version of ditto. He's trying to say that he's the same as you and liked The Duchess.
I have also seen him use at as an abbreviated "homosapien," meaning, "that is very human of you." Perhaps he was moved by Levin's anthropocentric take on such a tragic political and cultural hero?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I have also seen him use at as an abbreviated "homosapien," meaning, "that is very human of you." Perhaps he was moved by Levin's anthropocentric take on such a tragic political and cultural hero?
Excellent point. Though he could also have been calling out Levin's review as too elementary by referring to it as homogenized milk. Rocky has been known to say, "Homo milk! Gimme some meat!"
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:02 AM   #9
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Excellent point. Though he could also have been calling out Levin's review as too elementary by referring to it as homogenized milk. Rocky has been known to say, "Homo milk! Gimme some meat!"
LOL. We are both so dense! Go back and read his post.

It just dawned on me that Rocky was clearly saying "homodot," which, as everyone knows, is a reference to a method for the crystal morphological analysis of blood and urine...a process undoubtedly employed during Diana's autopsy.

Homodot. Rocky and his crazy medical posts. That guy is classic.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:17 AM   #10
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:

lol...relax,,,unless you like being flamboyant....then flame away.

For the record: I've had my homo moments, like being ashamed to admit I enjoyed Mamma Mia!