cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 10:17 PM   #11
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I was being facetious; I was commenting on how the 9th Circuit Court has a reputation to overstep it's judicial boundaries.

The fact that it was a unanimous vote by the city council means nothing. If it's deemed unconstitutional, it will be overturned. While I would never do it, people who like to look like complete idiots with their pants around their knees are allowed the right to look like an idiot.
i dont care about people who like to look idiot either ,i am rather concerned about who cannot stand this idiocy .how would the law protect their right?

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 09-02-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:34 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
i dont care about people who like to look idiot either ,i am rather concerned about who cannot stand this idiocy .how would the law protect their right?
A First Amendment argument states government shall make no laws abridging the freedom of speech, which has been broadly interpreted to mean "expression". If a law abridges the right to express oneself through attire, then the Constitution could protect looking like a poorly educated moron.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:01 AM   #13
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
A First Amendment argument states government shall make no laws abridging the freedom of speech, which has been broadly interpreted to mean "expression". If a law abridges the right to express oneself through attire, then the Constitution could protect looking like a poorly educated moron.
well the council considered the case as a matter of behavior ,not freedom of expression ,so your answer cannot marry my question.
beside that i wonder how far individual's freedom could fly ?

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 09-03-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote