cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road
Default I competed in my first Tri Yesterday

Well sort of. I borrowed my brothers Quintana Roo Caliente since I have been unable to make a decision on my own bike and I did not see as many deals as I thought I would, I have decided to wait till it gets closer to spring. Anyway, it was the Telos Turkey Tri, sprint distance, in Orem. It went Run, Bike, Swim to cut down on pool congestion. I ran the 5k in 29:43 which is not great for me but I had been feeling congested so it was not totally displeased.

I transitioned to the bike and I was flying. I had 1 guy pass me but I passed a ton of people that beat me on the run. I was 4-5 miles in and felt something going on with the rear of the bike. I looked and the Tire was going flat. I tried to pump it up to no avail and did not have a spare. I walked the remainder, cut a corner or two and went the transition area to gather my gear. I abandoned the race. All in all, I had a great time. I would have made more of an effort to continue but the race was late in getting started (9 am) and by the time I walked back to the start, it was a 10. With the football game starting at 12 it was time to go.

I am hooked and can not wait till next year! Way more fun than just running.
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote