cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
kman09

kman09 is on a distinguished road
Default What the Beck??!!

Examiner.com article:
HTML Code:
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-7372-BYU-Cougars-Examiner~y2009m4d28-What-the-Beck
kman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-7...-What-the-Beck

dangit, if you are going to spam the board, at least figure out how to post a URL.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:25 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

My friend, I read your article, and it is actually.....how should I say it....not very good.

Not only did you not mention any particulars about Beck's actual circumstances, the draft, the coaching and GM changes, you didn't comment on Beck's skill set, you didn't comment on last year's trade rumors, and instead offered up a hypothesis that only BCS schools produce college QBs who are reliably and predictably successes in the NFL.

F.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
kman09

kman09 is on a distinguished road

Sorry about the link faux pas. Am still learning the message board thing.

Curious, but what do BYU sports fans want to read about? News is out of the question thanks to the instantaneous nature of the internet. The only thing that has worked well for me was the "controversial" article "What the Beck??!!"

Personally, the only controversy I see in it is that it addressed a topic most are willing to pretend doesn't exist: that BYU plays a soft schedule because of its affiliation with the MWC.
kman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman09 View Post
Sorry about the link faux pas. Am still learning the message board thing.

Curious, but what do BYU sports fans want to read about? News is out of the question thanks to the instantaneous nature of the internet. The only thing that has worked well for me was the "controversial" article "What the Beck??!!"

Personally, the only controversy I see in it is that it addressed a topic most are willing to pretend doesn't exist: that BYU plays a soft schedule because of its affiliation with the MWC.
If you are looking for controversy, you have come to the right place my friend. I have more controversy in my yesterday's discarded fingernails than you or most people have in their entire fiber.

What is it that most BYU fans want to read? They want to read about how awesome BYU is and how loved they are and how everything is going to be great.

Your job is to look for the biggest bubbles, pull out your pin, and pop them.

Or a different analogy, you are to pull your handgun, put it to the head of the sacred cows, and shoot. Without mercy.

There are any number of topics that could be addressed.

Is Bronco overrated? Drill down to specifics, use statistics.

Does Bronco even want to be a coach?

Analysis of Unga's disappointing 2008 campaign.

Max Hall and his emotional antics. Insufferable, or an inspiration?

How much time are the Cougar coaches actually spending coaching? And doing their jobs? They seem to take pride in spending less time than any other staff in the country.

That's just a start.

Frankly, I'm bored with the entire operation.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
BYUsportsguy

BYUsportsguy is on a distinguished road

Those are actually some pretty good topics worth discussing. Yes, most Cougar fans want to read about how great BYU is but real sports fans want to read stats and analysis with real facts that can bring attention to areas of the program that need to improve if the team ever wants to truly regain national respect.
BYUsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote