cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
Sassy in RS

Sassy in RS is on a distinguished road
Default So, it seems Halloween is coming around again

and I don't know what costume to wear. Have you ever been invited to an adult Halloween party? I don't mean "adult" in that way, but you know. I'm feeling like I should go as a seductive schoolteacher or maybe as Julie Beck/June Cleaver complete with a casserole. We are doing matching costumes, so if I go as something then J will have to go with something that fits with it.
Sassy in RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Before we had kids we went to an adult party where we had to dress up as a famous person. One couple came as Bill and Monica, complete with the blue dress and a stain (done with egg whites, so they claim). Danimal dressed as Kramer which was pretty easy considering his crazy hair. I went as Barbra Streisand and just wore a fake nose and a dressy outfit.
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy in RS View Post
and I don't know what costume to wear. Have you ever been invited to an adult Halloween party? I don't mean "adult" in that way, but you know. I'm feeling like I should go as a seductive schoolteacher or maybe as Julie Beck/June Cleaver complete with a casserole. We are doing matching costumes, so if I go as something then J will have to go with something that fits with it.
Maybe you can go as Julie Beck but put a little twist on it, SIEQ can put a leash around your neck and go as the mormon Hugh Hefner.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #4
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

You could always do the plug and outlet matching costumes. I have a friend who dressed up as an outhouse while his wife dressed up as a roll of tp. Thats was a very cool costume.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Maybe you can go as Julie Beck but put a little twist on it, SIEQ can put a leash around your neck and go as the mormon Hugh Hefner.
Now that's funny.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
minn_stat

minn_stat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy in RS View Post
The best couple costume I ever saw was a husband and wife who switched roles. The wife was about 6 months pregnant, so she let her belly hang out as a beer gut. She put her hair up in a baseball cap, and used a marking pen to give herself a 5 o'clock shadow. The husband came in drag, nothing distasteful, I thought it was well done. But what really made it work was the way the couple and everyone else played into it throughout the night. From time to time, one of the men hit on the "wife", and it was a riot listening to most of these exchanges. The "husband" would very casually burp, scratch her crotch, etc., while you were talking to her. Usually couldn't help but burst out laughing, she did it so well.

It helped that it was a small party of about 7 or 8 couples who all knew each other very well, it might be harder to pull off in a larger party.
minn_stat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:31 PM   #7
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Ike and Tina Turner, complete with blackface. No chance another couple will show up in the same costumes. People will be talking.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:43 PM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I were invited several years ago to a Halloween party but I stayed home while my wife went. Her sister was ticked that I didn't go to her party.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #9
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

I know a couple, wife was of Jewish descent, and very pregnant. She went as a concentration camp detainee, he went as a Nazi soldier.

To rise above the ordinary, you have to offend some people.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote