cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #21
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I've heard that going to a sporting function with okie fans is one of the most disconcerting experiences you can have in life.

As in, is there really a God who would create such people and still be 'good'?
KState fans are at least as bad. I couldn't stand the idiots I had to sit around at the Cotton Bowl. At the time KState was in the early years of building their program. My brother and I laughed at some of the tshirts their fans were wearing that said something like 4 years/4 bowls. We joked they only needed about 20 more years to match us.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:07 AM   #22
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
KState fans are at least as bad. I couldn't stand the idiots I had to sit around at the Cotton Bowl. At the time KState was in the early years of building their program. My brother and I laughed at some of the tshirts their fans were wearing that said something like 4 years/4 bowls. We joked they only needed about 20 more years to match us.
You mean Kansas State? Four bowls was a huge deal for them. They had jockeyed with Iowa State for the basement of the Big 8 for as long as anybody can remember.

But they can't be as bad as Sooner fans, because they have nothing to be arrogant about.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:08 AM   #23
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
Cowboys season ticket holders apparently get first right to tickets for any event at the stadium.
This is correct, which is why the best place to get tickets is going to be onsite, day of.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #24
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
You mean Kansas State? Four bowls was a huge deal for them. They had jockeyed with Iowa State for the basement of the Big 8 for as long as anybody can remember.

But they can't be as bad as Sooner fans, because they have nothing to be arrogant about.
I know it was huge for them. What was annoying was they had no reason to be arrogant toward BYU because their streak paled in comparison to the one we were on at the time. But they were. The best thing was we won that game.