cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Conference awards are like the stock market.....

How often do you see a company post record revenue and earnings only to have their stock fall because it didn't meet 'expectations'?

BYU did the expected, to a degree. AFA exceeded expectations. Utah didn't meet expectations nor did TCU...........so never mind. None of these awards make too much sense. Even though they underperformed, they were still awarded their plastic trophies.

Like I said, there IS a bias towards BYU..........has been and always will be. And it has nothing to do with winning / losing. Even when BYU had their down years, it was still the game of the year for most other teams.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #2
Filsdepac

Filsdepac is on a distinguished road

Additionally, it's like the East Timor stock market, in that nobody else cares.
Filsdepac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:37 PM   #3
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
How often do you see a company post record revenue and earnings only to have their stock fall because it didn't meet 'expectations'?

BYU did the expected, to a degree. AFA exceeded expectations. Utah didn't meet expectations nor did TCU...........so never mind. None of these awards make too much sense. Even though they underperformed, they were still awarded their plastic trophies.

Like I said, there IS a bias towards BYU..........has been and always will be. And it has nothing to do with winning / losing. Even when BYU had their down years, it was still the game of the year for most other teams.
I'd argue that BYU exceeded expectations.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #4
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
I'd argue that BYU exceeded expectations.
Again.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #5
A-Train

A-Train is on a distinguished road

I think it is time to go RUTS on these other teams. I still think Patterson is still pissed about us watering down the field and for that reason felt the need to stick it to BYU. I know BYU players and coaches state that they look internally for motivation.

If I was Travis Bright, I would tape this list on my locker and go out and look to hurt defensive backs every game here on out! He has been blowing people up and for him not to get respected is bunk.

I don't know much about the NM OLine players that made 1st team but I do know that Ferguson's and Brown's play was nothing special in conference. 3.7 yards a carry is below average. What a joke!
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:21 AM   #6
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post

If there is a bias against BYU, it is because of whiney pussy fans like you that look to be offended about everything. IOW, it's deserved.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:47 AM   #7
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
I think it is time to go RUTS on these other teams. I still think Patterson is still pissed about us watering down the field and for that reason felt the need to stick it to BYU. I know BYU players and coaches state that they look internally for motivation.
What do you mean, 'watering down the field?'
Old 12-05-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
A-Train

A-Train is on a distinguished road

Patterson claimed that BYU watered the field before the game, thus neutralizing any speed that TCU might have had. If we did do it, I think it was brilliant!
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:11 PM   #9
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default I must be doing my job........

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
If there is a bias against BYU, it is because of whiney pussy fans like you that look to be offended about everything. IOW, it's deserved.
because Cougar fans think I'm still a Ute when I criticize BYU. So now I'm a whiney BYU fan?

Make up your mind..........or get one. Either way. Proceed.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote