cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books

Old 02-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #11
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'm sure playing against experienced level 60 people all the time doesn't help.

If I was more cautious, I wouldn't die as much. But I do a lot of running around, and not much sitting and waiting.

I'm trying to unlock everything on the M4.

Apparently there are people that are cheating as well using glitches in the game. That doesn't help.
I am the same way I have akimbo Rangers right now and on the smaller maps (scrapyard, rust, etc) I just run around and blast people. I die a ton because of this but I am not patient enough to lay and wait.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I leveled up to 22. I had a few games where my k/d ratio was actually above 1. Which is amazing for me.

So now I have bling, using ACOG and grenade launcher. Need to get a few more kills with the grenade launcher so I can unlock the shotgun add-on. Several more kills to unlock FMJ. Once I have unlocked everything, will switch to SCAR I think.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:41 AM   #13
wuapinmon

wuapinmon is on a distinguished road

I'm up to level 8 now. I had my first online match last night with a winning tally. 9 kills to 7 deaths. I was very happy. It's not like playing COD:WAW on the Wii at all.
wuapinmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I think I'm at level 38 now. I'm basically just trying to advance in all the perks, to the exclusion of what I want to do and what I am good at.

So I'm going back and trying to get Scavenger Pro. And I'm working on getting the Explosive (can't remember the real name) Pro. Requires 100 kills by grenades. Which is a lot. And the Ninja as well. Already finished off the Scrambler. I'm not sure if the Ninja is really good for much. I don't think all that many people use the heartbeat monitor anyway. I think it takes a lot of practice, and you need the right map. By the time I slow down and allow the monitor to ping, I've been shot in the back of the head.

I finally finished off all the add-ons for the M4A1. Huge pain getting 40 penetration kills with FMJ. I would find myself aiming at the barriers instead of the person, trying to get a penetration kill. Sort of like missing on purpose. Now I am working on the SCAR.

But what I would really like are akimbo weapons of some kind. The only secondary gun I've done much of anything with is the G18. 18 kills or so. Need 25 to get silencer.

I also have my class that I specifically have setup for shooting down planes and helis. I switch to it when the helis come, shoot the heli down, then switch back. This helps me advance on the Cold-Blooded Pro perk.

The thing that I really need to work on is circling and shooting. That is, shooting on the move. If you can hold target while moving, you stand a good chance of winning the firefight. This goes for both real life and MW2.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:14 AM   #15
wuapinmon

Quote:
I think I'm at level 38 now. I'm basically just trying to advance in all the perks, to the exclusion of what I want to do and what I am good at.

So I'm going back and trying to get Scavenger Pro. And I'm working on getting the Explosive (can't remember the real name) Pro. Requires 100 kills by grenades. Which is a lot. And the Ninja as well. Already finished off the Scrambler. I'm not sure if the Ninja is really good for much. I don't think all that many people use the heartbeat monitor anyway. I think it takes a lot of practice, and you need the right map. By the time I slow down and allow the monitor to ping, I've been shot in the back of the head.

I finally finished off all the add-ons for the M4A1. Huge pain getting 40 penetration kills with FMJ. I would find myself aiming at the barriers instead of the person, trying to get a penetration kill. Sort of like missing on purpose. Now I am working on the SCAR.

But what I would really like are akimbo weapons of some kind. The only secondary gun I've done much of anything with is the G18. 18 kills or so. Need 25 to get silencer.

I also have my class that I specifically have setup for shooting down planes and helis. I switch to it when the helis come, shoot the heli down, then switch back. This helps me advance on the Cold-Blooded Pro perk.

The thing that I really need to work on is circling and shooting. That is, shooting on the move. If you can hold target while moving, you stand a good chance of winning the firefight. This goes for both real life and MW2.
I'm up to 25 now, and I'm working on the M4 and the MG4. I've got about 25 more kills on the M4 until I get the FMJ. I still need some shotgun kills too.

I'm probably going to have gallbladder surgery on Friday, and having this game has allowed me to distract myself from the pain in my side.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #16
MikeWaters
Demiurge

The only perks I haven't upgraded are sitrep, final stand, cold-blooded, and one man army.

I don't have one man army available because I am not level 45 yet.

I am 39 barrier kills away from totally unlocking the SCAR. Big pain.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Ok, new goal is to get tactical knife w/ handgun. So I can be a bad-a knifer.

On the sub map last night I had 4 knife kills in about 5 seconds. Almost the entire team that was trying to camp/snipe on top.

So I am using the revolver. I am over 10 kills so I have FMJ. But handgun kills are not particularly easy. My primary strategy is to use my "runner" class and try and sneak up on people and instead of knifing them, shoot them with the revolver. Knifing is much easier of course, because it takes only one hit.

I also am using Final Stand, but I am finding it is not very easy to get final stand kills.

Tactical knife allows you to knife about twice as fast. Which can be a big deal when the other guy has commando and tactical knife, and you don't. It's very frustrating to try and knife a guy, but he knifes you first.

I'm kind of down on Mw2 right now, because of the lack of maps. Play can get very repetitive.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:32 AM   #18
wuapinmon

Quote:
Ok, new goal is to get tactical knife w/ handgun. So I can be a bad-a knifer.

On the sub map last night I had 4 knife kills in about 5 seconds. Almost the entire team that was trying to camp/snipe on top.

So I am using the revolver. I am over 10 kills so I have FMJ. But handgun kills are not particularly easy. My primary strategy is to use my "runner" class and try and sneak up on people and instead of knifing them, shoot them with the revolver. Knifing is much easier of course, because it takes only one hit.

I also am using Final Stand, but I am finding it is not very easy to get final stand kills.

Tactical knife allows you to knife about twice as fast. Which can be a big deal when the other guy has commando and tactical knife, and you don't. It's very frustrating to try and knife a guy, but he knifes you first.

I'm kind of down on Mw2 right now, because of the lack of maps. Play can get very repetitive.
I'm out there these days. You can add me if you want. I'm up to 43 now.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I think I'm 52 now.

I've found that my success has a lot to do with the quality of the opponents. Duh. Getting wasted. And then at the end I see that most of the guys playing are level 70. Experienced players.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #20
wuapinmon

As I sit here all day recovering from gallbladder surgery, I'm enjoying playing Search and Destroy more than anything.