cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food

Old 08-28-2008, 01:03 AM   #1
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 10 In-n-Out locations coming to Utah?!?!

Take this with a very large grain of salt. My wife was talking to a Costco sales rep who informed that an In-n-Out burger was going to be built near the new Costco on Bangerter in South Jordan. He said that additional stores (up to 10) would be coming to Utah, each located near a Costco. Not sure I believe it.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:09 AM   #2
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

In the past, word on the street was that In-N-Out would not expand too far from CA/AZ because of the policy of never frozen, always fresh; the meat would spoil in transit.

Thus if they do expand into northern UT and beyond, it makes sense that they would open multiple locations, because they will probably purchase additional farmland (Cache Valley?) at the same time, creating a large supply.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:13 AM   #3
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Wife said that the dude said that each store would be built near a Costco "anchor" store. What's behind this? Are they somehow going to partner with Costco in their supply chain/distribution?
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:38 AM   #4
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
Are they somehow going to partner with Costco in their supply chain/distribution?
Yes. The drawback, of course, will be that instead of purchasing a single hamburger, you will have to purchase 50 burgers.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:48 AM   #5
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Take this with a very large grain of salt. My wife was talking to a Costco sales rep who informed that an In-n-Out burger was going to be built near the new Costco on Bangerter in South Jordan. He said that additional stores (up to 10) would be coming to Utah, each located near a Costco. Not sure I believe it.
Seems like this rumor comes up every so often. I'll believe it when I see an official Press Release.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:03 AM   #6
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes, I take it with a grain of salt, but that would be awesome since I'm only about a mile away from that location.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:10 AM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
Yes. The drawback, of course, will be that instead of purchasing a single hamburger, you will have to purchase 50 burgers.
That would be a rip off.

I would just buy the Kirkland Double Doubles for half the price.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
Seems like this rumor comes up every so often. I'll believe it when I see an official Press Release.
I actually heard this rumor a couple of days ago with the same location mentioned.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote