cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Home Improvement and Real Estate

Old 06-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default did nobody laugh?

I thought for sure someone would comment on my cement curbing post.. perhaps the general thought was that i believed i could get 20k equity out of a few hundred bucks worth of curbing.. and the value of my home would double in 5 years? i thought it was pretty funny, although, sometimes sarcasm doesn't come across well over the internet.. oh well.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:13 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
I thought for sure someone would comment on my cement curbing post.. perhaps the general thought was that i believed i could get 20k equity out of a few hundred bucks worth of curbing.. and the value of my home would double in 5 years? i thought it was pretty funny, although, sometimes sarcasm doesn't come across well over the internet.. oh well.
If it will help you feel any better, I'll drive past your house to look at it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:02 AM   #3
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I just thought you were crazy and deluded. Nice to know it wasn't true.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:32 AM   #4
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

I just thought you were an overly enthusiastic new homeowner. But I am going to be in the market for some curbing myself. Can you give me a recommendation?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:34 AM   #5
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
If it will help you feel any better, I'll drive past your house to look at it.
i thought i was sitting in front of you in stake conference on sunday, but then the guy turned his head and i don't think he had enough hair to be you. it was the same dude who walked in front of the camera in the 2nd hour..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:35 AM   #6
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I just thought you were crazy and deluded. Nice to know it wasn't true.
ha ha... after a couple days of no response i suspected that might be the case. i guess my comments weren't outrageous enough. i'll do better next time.

i'm not sure my real life personality and my internet message board personality seem like the same person.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Last edited by bYuPride; 06-24-2008 at 04:46 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:44 AM   #7
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
I just thought you were an overly enthusiastic new homeowner. But I am going to be in the market for some curbing myself. Can you give me a recommendation?
When I've done Home Equity Loans/Lines of Credit for clients in the past, I always thought it was funny when people would give me their estimated home value. For those that estimate 100k above the appraisal value I get, they come back and tell me the things that they've updated... I sometimes get a chuckle when they say all they've done is put in 5k in granite counter tops and that should give them at least another 35k in equity...

the guys who did my curbing was curbscape. corey is who came to put down the curbing at my house.. his cell number is 801-694-2158.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
i thought i was sitting in front of you in stake conference on sunday, but then the guy turned his head and i don't think he had enough hair to be you. it was the same dude who walked in front of the camera in the 2nd hour..
I can't think of his name, but I know who you're talking about.

I spent most of SC out in the foyer with the 5 year old. Rather, she spent most of the time with me in the foyer. I just needed an excuse.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I can't think of his name, but I know who you're talking about.

I spent most of SC out in the foyer with the 5 year old. Rather, she spent most of the time with me in the foyer. I just needed an excuse.
we only lasted an hour and 17 minutes..

"I'm on my beater bike"