cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books

Old 02-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Downton Abbey

I have been watching the second season as each new episode comes out on Sundays.

1. The first season was better.
2. Michelle Dockery is a revelation as Lady Mary. She does cold, she does warm, and everything in between. I am in love.
3. I guess the problem here is that there is not enough going on between the characters. Too focused on external events. World War I. Spanish flu. Societal changes in the Manor House. Come on, help us care about the characters. The characters seem to be marching toward the inevitable union between cousins Matthew and Mary, but it's not quite as fun as it is in say Pride and Prejudice.
4. Still, all in all, it's the best show on TV right now that I am aware of.

The last episode for this season is this Sunday.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

I'm only a couple of episodes into season 2 at the moment, so I'm behind you. I agree that dramas like this are always best with rich character development, though, so I"m sorry to hear that you think it wasn't as strong the second season. And in love w/ Lady Mary? Interesting.

Have you taken the quiz?

http://http://http://www.weta.org/tv/picks/downtonabbey/quiz
I ended up as Lady Sybil, but that's only partly right, I think.

Last edited by MikeWaters; 02-29-2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: fixed link
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I am:

Quote:
You are Matthew Crawley. Congratulations, you’re the heir to Downton Abbey! Industrious and hardworking, you’re justifiably proud of your modern sensibilities. You may have a little bit of a chip on your shoulder about your extended family’s aristocratic ways, but you’re learning to deal with it. Your good looks (and much-improved prospects) indicate you could be quite the ladies’ man, but your romantic nature probably means you’re hung up on one special someone. An indecisive cousin, perhaps?
The finale of the second season redeemed any faults of the episodes prior.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote