cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2008, 02:30 AM   #11
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

It's very clear Mike and Arch boardmailed each other with the intent to troll on this particular subject.

Your trolling is too obvious and juvenile.

Other than that, I'll throw the challenge down....stop watching them altogether if your hyperbole in it lowering your interest is accurate.

But you can't and you know it despite your claims of indifference.

If you're gonna troll like and be so blatant about it,,,,at least try to tell the truth.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 01-07-2008 at 02:33 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:54 AM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Rocky, I've stopped watching.

I've been busy, and it is now much lower on my priority list. I haven't looked up when games are occuring, much less watched them on TV.

Are you happy now?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #13
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

The Boise game was terrible. I'm frustrated, but I'm never one to give up on them. I'm not being a self-righteous fan, it's just a lot different when you have the chance to follow the team watching all the home games live. You develop a relationship of sorts with the team and enjoy watching the players develop and the team improve over a season.

The main thing I'm watching this last month and is key for the rest of the season is what is going on with Tavernari. I've seen him play enough good ball that I know he is a player. With him playing his potential, this team can make a Sweet 16 run. Without him, we don't win a game in the NCAA.

I know Rose must be pulling his hair out with this guy because he knows he needs him, but he also can't let him ruin the team. JT seems to be borderline mentally, so Rose has a real tap dance. When I listen to Rose on the radio, he sounds very confident and seems to have a great perspective on how to handle this team.

I remain optimistic Rose can bring JT around.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #14
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
took all the enthusiasm I had for this bball team. To lose to such a lowly lowlife kinda sucks.

I'm doubtful they defeat Wake Forest and we will lose a few on the road in conference. It appears to be another One and Done in the NCAAs. Please show me an argument I am in error.

How does a team blow an eleven point lead to the schmucks a Boise?
would it help if BSU won the WAC? Right now they're looking like the best team in their league. They have no respect but they really aren't THAT bad this year. But I agree it was still a very disappointing performance by our team.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #15
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
A lot of unearned arrogance here. Your program is schmuck. Always has been and always will be.
Then it will really suck for you when we extend the streak over Utah to four games. Oh yeah, you're not a real Utah fan anyway. At least not since the days of Jerry Pimm and his white afro. Nevermind.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #16
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
would it help if BSU won the WAC? Right now they're looking like the best team in their league. They have no respect but they really aren't THAT bad this year. But I agree it was still a very disappointing performance by our team.
The WAC sucks this year.

I expected us to dust them by twenty and a loss to a lousy team always changes my disposition. I was looking forward to this season because it might have been one where the team was more than a regionally good team. But I was in error again. A low level national team does not lose to Boise. Not ever. I watched the first half and Boise looked lost and incompetent.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #17
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The WAC sucks this year.

I expected us to dust them by twenty and a loss to a lousy team always changes my disposition. I was looking forward to this season because it might have been one where the team was more than a regionally good team. But I was in error again. A low level national team does not lose to Boise. Not ever. I watched the first half and Boise looked lost and incompetent.
Archaea, you are a good guy but you don't know as much about it as you think you do. If you did know much you wouldn't have expect BYU to dust them by 20.

This is not a horrific team in Boise, BYU played poorly on the road and barely lost. It is still entirely conceivable that BYU is still one of the top 32 national teams.

Matt Nelson, you cannot stop him you can only hope to contain him.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
A low level national team does not lose to Boise. Not ever. I watched the first half and Boise looked lost and incompetent.
You simply don't understand basketball. Upsets happen all the time in basketball, especially on the road. We played a good first half against BSU, but they got hot in the second half and couldn't miss a 3-pointer. That happens. And why do you keep insisting they're a low-level team? They're 11-3 so far this year. That seems pretty respectable.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #19
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
You simply don't understand basketball. Upsets happen all the time in basketball, especially on the road. We played a good first half against BSU, but they got hot in the second half and couldn't miss a 3-pointer. That happens. And why do you keep insisting they're a low-level team? They're 11-3 so far this year. That seems pretty respectable.
They are from the WAC, and the WAC has no ranked teams.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #20
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
They are from the WAC, and the WAC has no ranked teams.
Arch, do you have any clue what the winning percentage is for home games in college basketball, particularly for top 100 RPI teams? It's astronomical.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote