cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 02:51 AM   #11
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
One of my siblings once began the family prayer with "Welcome to McDonalds may I help you?" No joke.
I also began a prayer with a large family gathering with "thank you for calling Sears Repair service, how may I help you today." I was the subject of many hearty guffaws on that day.

I must be more absentminded than most.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:08 AM   #12
Mrs. Funk

Mrs. Funk is on a distinguished road
Default After switching jobs...

I went from Payless Shoes where I had to answer, "Payless at the Clackamas Town Center. This is [Mrs. Funk], now may I help you?" to Barnes & Noble where I had to say, "Thank you for calling the Barnes and Noble Booksellers at the Clackamas Town Center. This is [Mrs. Funk], how may I help you?" Needless to say, I was trying to sell shoes to the customers wanting books for the first month or so.
Mrs. Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:12 AM   #13
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Alright I don't want to seem too much like I need to one up someone, but I can certainly one up that blunder.

Courtesy of FoxNews Channel. I tend to disagree with him about the offerings of New York for J-Lo

mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:23 AM   #14
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
I went from Payless Shoes where I had to answer, "Payless at the Clackamas Town Center. This is [Mrs. Funk], now may I help you?" to Barnes & Noble where I had to say, "Thank you for calling the Barnes and Noble Booksellers at the Clackamas Town Center. This is [Mrs. Funk], how may I help you?" Needless to say, I was trying to sell shoes to the customers wanting books for the first month or so.
I worked at a furniture store where one of my coworkers answered the phone almost every time with "Thanks for calling Big-O tires..." He ended up quitting and I think one of the reasons was that he just couldn't stop answering the phone like that.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote