cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2006, 08:02 AM   #1
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I was accused of having retarded taste buds on CougarBoard.

Was I wrong to denigrate the wings at Wingers? Do people really like their wings slathered in sauce like that? If you ask me, Wingers is just an IHOP with chicken. Am I wrong?
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:10 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never eaten anything from Wingers, therefore I can't comment on the wings.

Of course, the reason I've never been there is by choice; my friends who do like the food think my reason is silly:

I refuse to eat in a place that has the same name as one of those lousy 80s hair bands.

And before anyone agrees with my friends, answer this one question: Would you eat a a place called Ratt?

I didn't think so.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #3
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I was accused of having retarded taste buds on CougarBoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
Was I wrong to denigrate the wings at Wingers? Do people really like their wings slathered in sauce like that? If you ask me, Wingers is just an IHOP with chicken. Am I wrong?
I've never been to Wingers (I think the popular one here is called Lonestar Wings or something), but really, what is the classy way to eat hot wings? Aren't you basically eating grease and pain? (hot sauce I suppose is also salty and sour, but the basic sensation is one of pain).

Now, I can make my oven broiled chicken wings glazed with a citrus chili sauce ( a delicate balance of citrus, ginger, garlic, sweetness, and hot chilies) , but if I bring it to a football game, the guys are not going to be reaching for them-- they'll be reaching for the deep fried pain.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:13 PM   #4
outlier

outlier is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
IIRC, they had a chicken sandwich I liked. Then again, I thought the same thing about Dennys. And I can't find any food I like in New York. But I think that probably means it's my taste buds that are developmentally disabled.

o

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
- W. Churchill
outlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

OUtlier, are you saying you can't find any food you like in all of New York City? With respect, its either your taste buds or you're not trying very hard. Lots of good food there.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #6
outlier

outlier is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster
With respect, its either your taste buds or you're not trying very hard.
Not trying very hard? Man, I can only eat so much. (It's hard not to eat out here.) I ain't a gourmet eater.

I miss Carl's Jr. badly. And decent Mexican food is hard to find. And no one here seems to understand the benefit of putting bacon and barbecue sauce on, you know, everything.

o

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
- W. Churchill
outlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #7
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a big-time fan of buffalo wings and hot wings. I like Wingers, but they are not my favorite. Their sauce is heavy on the brown sugar. It's my opinion that chicken should not taste like a dessert.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
Alkili

Alkili is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters

I've never been to Wingers (I think the popular one here is called Lonestar Wings or something), but really, what is the classy way to eat hot wings? Aren't you basically eating grease and pain? (hot sauce I suppose is also salty and sour, but the basic sensation is one of pain).

Now, I can make my oven broiled chicken wings glazed with a citrus chili sauce ( a delicate balance of citrus, ginger, garlic, sweetness, and hot chilies) , but if I bring it to a football game, the guys are not going to be reaching for them-- they'll be reaching for the deep fried pain.
The pain is all in your mind, I think that some people just interpret pain differently. My wife for example, gave birth to our first child using the bradley method, which is a natural childbirthing method. In the class they teach you to think of the "pain" as pressure, stretching discomfort, and that your body is doing exactly what it needs to do to get the baby out.

Pain is your body telling you something is wrong, but in spicy foods and child birth everything is okay.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:58 AM   #9
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

It was me that said you had retarded taste buds....but then I probably have retarded taste buds as well. :P

I love all kinds of wings, and I love Wingers Wings as well. Or as Jeff Spicoli on Cougarboard puts it....."Delicious Wingers Wings".
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #10
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkili
Pain is your body telling you something is wrong, but in spicy foods and child birth everything is okay.
I cannot speak of child birth but I can speak of spicy food. When you start to sweat while eating you know you are eating some damn good food. I love all types of spicy food whether the hot in your mouth and throat of a habanero pepper, or a in your nostrils burn of horseradish.

Also Wingers really is not that good. There are several places to get better Wings in Utah. Wings and Things (at least I think that is the name is better), also the inferno wings from the Pie are far superior to Wingers as well.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote