cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 04-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #21
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE
Whoa there sailor... I graduated in 1998... When you were in LDSSA, were you in Sigma Gamma Chi? If so, what chapter? Was Mrs. Pride in Lambda Delta Sigma?
oops, i was responding to mormon red death who graduated from Olympus in '94. Where did you graduate from?

as for my story with sigma gamma chi......

upon going to the 2004 fall carnival and deciding which chapter i should join, a few rho guys came up to me and told me that if i wanted the girls, i should join their chapter. then, a few phi guys came up and said if you are into sports and getting all the ladies, then their chapter was the way to go. i then started talking to some guys from xi who were a year younger than me at olympus and said, if you want to have true friends, play sports, and get the ladies, then join with us.

in my decision making, i took into account all factors.

RHO: most of the rho guys seemed like were pretty boys with their pink shirts and collars popped... all the guys that weren't "pretty" looked as if the were trying really really hard to fit in. sports didn't seem to be in their blood very much. plus i heard there was a lot of back biting in the chapter with the occasional bitch fit.

PHI: i was very intrigued with them. they had alot of pride in their chapter because the won the turkey bowl every year. along with rho, they were very confident in their ablilites to get their share of women. they all looked like a bunch of fun guys and it looked like the friends i'd always had.

XI: i was hesitant with this chapter because it was still pretty new. their talent for getting the chicks hadn't been proven yet. however, i knew a few of the guys in there and the rest of them seemed to be decent guys, plus sports was also an emphasis.

after throwing rho out of the equation right away, due to their arrogance and cockiness, as well as their, as it would seem, inadequacy to do anything that requires any physical skill, it was down to phi and xi. i wanted to help out the guys from my high school and establish their new chapter so i decided to go with them, taking the risk that they weren't one of the "cool" chapters yet and not getting any girls.

after joining xi, very quickly i realized i had made a good choice for me. all the guys in there were very genuinely good guys. we had a ton of fun together and accomplished a lot of cool stuff. we beat phi in the turkey bowl, thus fulfilling my need for sports and dominance, they succeeded in baiting the ladies and we did a lot of fun activities and met a lot of cool girls.

as for Mrs. Pride. she was president of the xi sorority. i was only in the xi fraternity for fall semester and my wife had to cut her presidency short
(she was asked to do it for another year). if you were in the ldssa system around then, you maybe would have known her.

anyway, that's the story. out of about, i would guess 50 guys, only about 10-15 of us were BYU fans. the u is a fine place to go to school. both BYU and utah have their advantages and disadvantages. at this point in my life, with where i am and what i'm doing, it only made sense to go to the u.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:37 PM   #22
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

Nice...

I went to Bountiful and graduated in '92 then graduated from the U in '98.

I was in Sigma Gamma Chi but that was back when the chapters had two letter names. I was a Pi Rho. It used to be a good bunch of guys. I heard it went down hill pretty quickly after a few of us left... I was pres my last year. The chapter was driving me crazy. I handed over the presidency after spring break of '97 and never went to another meeting again.

I still talk to some of the guys but most of them graduated in 97 with me.

Oh well...
DirtyHippieUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:41 PM   #23
bYuPride

Quote:
Nice...

I went to Bountiful and graduated in '92 then graduated from the U in '98.

I was in Sigma Gamma Chi but that was back when the chapters had two letter names. I was a Pi Rho. It used to be a good bunch of guys. I heard it went down hill pretty quickly after a few of us left... I was pres my last year. The chapter was driving me crazy. I handed over the presidency after spring break of '97 and never went to another meeting again.

I still talk to some of the guys but most of them graduated in 97 with me.

Oh well...
what drove you crazy? who ended up taking care of everything after you took off! that's pretty funny.

it seems like the some chapters are up and down. when i graduated from Olympus in '99, all my friends rushed RHO and they had a blast! but 5 years, later, RHO is a much different frat than they were before.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:01 PM   #24
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride
what drove you crazy? who ended up taking care of everything after you took off! that's pretty funny.

it seems like the some chapters are up and down. when i graduated from Olympus in '99, all my friends rushed RHO and they had a blast! but 5 years, later, RHO is a much different frat than they were before.
Do you know the Cundick family?

The parents sing in the MoTab, and they have boys/girls that went to Olympus....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:31 PM   #25
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
Do you know the Cundick family?

The parents sing in the MoTab, and they have boys/girls that went to Olympus....
i know a kevin cundick. well, i guess i know of kevin cundick. i don't remember ever having hung out with him or talked to him actually.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 04-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #26
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death
How can you go to the University of Utah or God's school and root for byu? I am ashamed you are from my hometown.
I wondered similarly about mpfunk.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #27
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall
I wondered similarly about mpfunk.
did mpfunk graduate from BYU or did he just attend there?

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 05-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #28
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Whoa there sailor... I graduated in 1998... When you were in LDSSA, were you in Sigma Gamma Chi? If so, what chapter? Was Mrs. Pride in Lambda Delta Sigma?
You graduated from Olympus in '98? What JR High did you go to? I went to Granite, but went to Evergreen Jr.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #29
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
what drove you crazy? who ended up taking care of everything after you took off!
Pi Rho hands off the presidency after spring break every year. Tucker Maxfield was the president after me. I went to the chapter meeting, started things off, announced that he was the new president and then when we broke to go do our activity I left.

The things that drove me crazy were the guys who were 28 - 29 who had no interest in the fraternity but only showed up to pick up fresman women. They didn't help with any of the positive parts of the fraternity and only served as really bad examples for the younger members.

The guys were all very good friends of mine and heaven knows I was as bad an example as the rest of them, but they couldn't turn it off for a few hours a week to have a positive influence on some younger kids.

I bailed when things started to get really out of hand. We had a small group who were showing up to activites drunk etc...

I figured I was tired of it, my term was over and I was out...
DirtyHippieUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:19 AM   #30
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
did mpfunk graduate from BYU or did he just attend there?

I think that he graduated from there but I'm not sure. I kind of remember him saying that he went there for several years but that was a while ago and I cannot attest to the accuracy.