cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2008, 02:40 AM   #1
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hillary caught "overstating" experiences in Bosnia

Hillary was caught exaggerating her 1996 trip to Bosnia, claiming that gunfire surrounded the landing, etc, etc. CBS brought it forward and it can be seen here:

I think it's more of a shame that, as the 1996 video shows, we sent Sinbad on a USO trip - do we care so little about our soldiers that we send Sinbad as entertainment? Couldn't we at least snag Arsenio Hall for that gig?

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:12 AM   #2
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Last week the WJC library (donor names still undisclosed) released all 10,000 pages of Hillary's appointment records during the Clinton presidency. Four thousand of those pages were edited by campaign staff before release. But so far, analysis has yet to reveal anything indicating that she was as involved as she claims in the major accomplishments of Bill's administration.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:14 AM   #3
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Head View Post
Hillary was caught exaggerating her 1996 trip to Bosnia, claiming that gunfire surrounded the landing, etc, etc. CBS brought it forward and it can be seen here:
Is Paul H Dunn writing her speeches?
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:17 AM   #4
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
ZING. That one hurt.

Paul H. Dunn is my idol.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:55 AM   #5
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

All y'all just hatin' on Hillary are just jealous! You don't know her! Who are you to judge? Whateva.

She's got it. You want it. But you can't have it! Just haters. All of you!
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:01 AM   #6
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Paul H. Dunn was a GREAT storyteller. Nobody but me sees heavy irony in his fall for telling tall tales? Who outed him? I'm sure the Mormons didn't care.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:09 AM   #7
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Paul H. Dunn was a GREAT storyteller. Nobody but me sees heavy irony in his fall for telling tall tales? Who outed him? I'm sure the Mormons didn't care.
Funny. He was in fact outed by Mormons.

When the story broke, I remember they interviewed some missionaries in Texas who would take new missionaries up to a door in a certain neighborhood and knock on it. When an old man answered the door, they would say "This is the soldier that died in Paul Dunn's arms!". It was in fact Paul Dunn's friend from WWII. Nice little shock treatment to start the mission.

And yes, he was a terrific storyteller.

Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 03-25-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #8
T Blue

T Blue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Last week the WJC library (donor names still undisclosed) released all 10,000 pages of Hillary's appointment records during the Clinton presidency. Four thousand of those pages were edited by campaign staff before release. But so far, analysis has yet to reveal anything indicating that she was as involved as she claims in the major accomplishments of Bill's administration.
I for one would be curious to know what Bill Clintons "major accomplishments" in office were??

Unless of course you consider his feeble attempts to try to convince the good citizens of the US that he "did not have sexual relationships with that woman," or the fact the dude was impeached for sexual misconduct while he was president, a major accomplishment?

Good old Slick Willie, that's eight years we can't get back...........
T Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #9
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Blue View Post
I for one would be curious to know what Bill Clinton's "major accomplishments" in office were??
Just look at Hillary's résumé. She's got a whole boatload of them on there.

Seeing as she's the torchbearer of American feminism, I've decided to follow her lead and list all of Flash's major coding projects of the last ten years on my own résumé. I'm also going to start using her tagline that I've "dedicated the last thirty-five years" of my life to the industry. I'm hoping no one will notice that I'm only thirty and don't actually know how to code.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:18 PM   #10
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
What I found very appalling in the Paul Dunn thing was one of the brethern indicating that basically brother Dunn's lies had ultimately done a lot of good and he should be given some slack.

I have found all too often that dishonesty if done to further God's work is often seen by religious people as OK. This isn't a concept only relating to LDS people, but can be found in all religions.

It can be found in business and government too, but religion seems to be the place where it shouldn't be tolerated.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote