cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2006, 07:10 PM   #1
Zulu451
house-elf 3rd class

Zulu451 is on a distinguished road
Default Zen and the Art of Organdonorcycle mechanics...Ben Rothlesberger

I know that several of the people here on this board, (in particular Miguel) are big motorcycle fans. Now that Ben Rothelesberger will be riding the short bus for the next year influence you riding a motorcycle without a helmet?

Trauma (accidents or intentional) is the single largest cause of lost productivity years, economic impact and death among young men and women.
It is also the one of the lowest funded areas by the NIH as far as research goes. This is because it is (in most cases) a disease process of the poor, uneducated and unrepresented. There is no ribbon that we proudly display on our cars to raise trauma awareness... What color would that be? Stool brown, urine yellow, a horrid menagre of colors that represent stool, urine and blood? This and fat people...see my avatar...are the largest burdens on our healthcare system and society.

IMO: If you want to ride a motorcycle, you must have a signed organ donor card, and health insurance. You can be the best rider, but you are subject to the whims of the SUV driving soccer moms who will run you down like a dog in the road. I have seen marvelously injured people from motorcycle accidents, and it is never the driver of the SUV that gets it bad.
Zulu451 is offline   Reply With Quote