cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry. Eventually you will come to a place in your life where CB infractions don't matter to you, and even eventually, when CB doesn't matter. It may take some time.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Don't worry. Eventually you will come to a place in your life where CB infractions don't matter to you, and even eventually, when CB doesn't matter. It may take some time.
Let me know when you get to that place...since you have a visit to CB as recently as yesterday. Possibly today, dont know....yet....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #13
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I'm post-CB. It could fall off the face of the earth, and I wouldn't care. Although based on the warm reception I had for a couple of posts there, I guess I have a few people who have warm feelings for me and consider me a friend.

This place, frankly has a ways to go, before we have enough people interested in sports to move us to the next level. More people by itself is not the answer. We don't need blather dickweeds, we need some interesting sports conversation.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #14
TripletDaddy

Quote:
I'm post-CB. It could fall off the face of the earth, and I wouldn't care. Although based on the warm reception I had for a couple of posts there, I guess I have a few people who have warm feelings for me and consider me a friend.

This place, frankly has a ways to go, before we have enough people interested in sports to move us to the next level. More people by itself is not the answer. We don't need blather dickweeds, we need some interesting sports conversation.
You are in denial is what you are, but no matter. I think you are leaving a lot of untapped material on the table over there. You need to shed your foolish pride and head back over and do what you were put on this green Earth to do.

So what if you cant post in politics or religion? Start posting in current events, sports, etc...truthfully, CB was a LOT more fun when everyone was posting on it. Embrace the dark side. It is your destiny.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

CB does not deserve me. Jefe has a vision for his board that does not include people like me. Fine. Screw him. I'll start my own board.

5 minutes there and suddenly there is a 65 post-long "thread" about some ridiculous stupidity, and it's like "yeah, I did get clap from this chick the last time, maybe I will pass."
Old 09-26-2008, 09:49 PM   #16
TripletDaddy

Quote:
CB does not deserve me. Jefe has a vision for his board that does not include people like me. Fine. Screw him. I'll start my own board.

5 minutes there and suddenly there is a 65 post-long "thread" about some ridiculous stupidity, and it's like "yeah, I did get clap from this chick the last time, maybe I will pass."
Your post contains 2 paragraphs.

One paragraph reveals the real issue.

The other is the rationalization.

Who cares if Jefe doesn't deserve you or if his vision doesn't include you? Do you think his vision includes Snipe, Ecua, or Lifi, et al? Get back in the game, man. Don't get rattled so easily.

Also, stupid threads can be fun sometimes. Embrace humor in your life. You will live longer. And it will rub off on your kids. Neurotic paranoid schizophrenics seem to raise little neurotic paranoid schizophrenics. You don't want that.

I tell you what....you go back for one full day...a LEGIT day, too....do your usual thing....lots of posts, various topics, etc.....see what happens. I think the results would surprise you.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:50 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Your post contains 2 paragraphs.

One paragraph reveals the real issue.

The other is the rationalization.

Who cares if Jefe doesn't deserve you or if his vision doesn't include you? Do you think his vision includes Snipe, Ecua, or Lifi, et al? Get back in the game, man. Don't get rattled so easily.

Also, stupid threads can be fun sometimes. Embrace humor in your life. You will live longer. And it will rub off on your kids. Neurotic paranoid schizophrenics seem to raise little neurotic paranoid schizophrenics. You don't want that.

I tell you what....you go back for one full day...a LEGIT day, too....do your usual thing....lots of posts, various topics, etc.....see what happens. I think the results would surprise you.
no ability to read religion posts pretty much kills it for me.

Football program going well, hardly anything to complain about.

Politics is a mess, not worth commenting on.

= no reason for CB
Old 09-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #18
TripletDaddy

Quote:
no ability to read religion posts pretty much kills it for me.

Football program going well, hardly anything to complain about.

Politics is a mess, not worth commenting on.

= no reason for CB
oh you cant even read them? i thought you just couldnt post.

That is a strange approach. If I were trying to be diabolical about it, I would let you read it all, so you would be tempted. Kind of like when the Fratelli brothers put that tray of food in front of Sloth, but didn't put it close enough to eat it. Eventually Sloth got pissed and broke free.

I think it is time for you to go back to CB and claim your Baby Ruth.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:58 PM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
oh you cant even read them? i thought you just couldnt post.

That is a strange approach. If I were trying to be diabolical about it, I would let you read it all, so you would be tempted. Kind of like when the Fratelli brothers put that tray of food in front of Sloth, but didn't put it close enough to eat it. Eventually Sloth got pissed and broke free.

I think it is time for you to go back to CB and claim your Baby Ruth.
How about I make it so you can only read the "other college sports" section here.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #20
TripletDaddy

Quote:
How about I make it so you can only read the "other college sports" section here.
Will I still be able to read SU's WNBA posts?