cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2006, 05:34 AM   #21
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
Mike sent me this email:
“I'm going to ask you now to stop posting on cougarguard as you have been doing recently. And you know what I am talking about. If you can't behave and stay on the site, then I'm going to ask you to decide to walk away. If you can't do that, well I guess you would just be going out of your way to be an *YEWT*. I'm not going to discuss this or bring it up again.”
Unfortunately, I only opened Mike's message AFTER writing something that Mike considered to be offensive. So with no warning and no explanation, I received a lifetime ban from CG.

To the cool people on CG, stay cool

To the *YEWTS* on CG, I'll see you in hades, where we can spend
eternity discussing vengeance oaths, Joseph Smith's extracurricular activities, gay marriage, and 101 things you can do with a Tabasco bottle. It will be fun.

Cheers,

R.F.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:42 AM   #22
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the notice, Johnny.

Dewey Defeats Truman.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #23
JohnnyLingo

My rant here about how a CB post of mine was deleted was in turn deleted. I fail to see how this was in any way against the CG rules, as doing so is a common past time among y'all.

Yet another instance of dicator-like behavior by the CG mods. Or maybe just one. Whoever it was.

You are more like CB than you care to admit.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #24
JohnnyLingo

At least at CB they give you a reason why your post was deleted.

Here? No such courtesy.

How uncivilized.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:46 AM   #25
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
At least at CB they give you a reason why your post was deleted.

Here? No such courtesy.

How uncivilized.
You've clearly announced that you have no intentions of behaving with civility on this board. If you don't think others are playing nice with you, given the premise under which you are posting, you'll be hard pressed to find somebody who will feel sorry for you.

Things are lax enough on this board that if a post is deleted, the reason is fairly self-evident.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:59 AM   #26
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
My rant here about how a CB post of mine was deleted was in turn deleted. I fail to see how this was in any way against the CG rules, as doing so is a common past time among y'all.

Yet another instance of dicator-like behavior by the CG mods. Or maybe just one. Whoever it was.

You are more like CB than you care to admit.
You should be a little more specific. For example, (if this pertained to you) you might write, 'my post contained a somewhat graphic description of what one of the mods might do with a certain farm implement if he were ever to come across the passed out body of MikeWaters' grandmother. I suspect the post was deleted because said implement, unless used with a level of skill that the moderator probably lacks (as he was not raised on a farm) might cause Mike's grandmother some discomfort when she finally awoke from her stupor.'

This thread is supposed to be a history of censorship on this site. In most cases the reason for the censorship will be obvious. But if one day we find that posts are being censored, and the reasoning would make el Jefe blush, then we will be able to turn to this thread and read a history of how we arrived at that point.

Write the HISTORY of your deleted post. Don't just say, "I had a post deleted, this place is just as bad as CB."

Last edited by Robin; 06-06-2006 at 04:08 AM.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:15 AM   #27
JohnnyLingo

Quote:
You've clearly announced that you have no intentions of behaving with civility on this board. If you don't think others are playing nice with you, given the premise under which you are posting, you'll be hard pressed to find somebody who will feel sorry for you.
A. I am not looking for someone to feel sorry for me. No matter how many times I say it, you still refuse to believe that I really don't care what you think. It makes me think most of you here have inferiority complexes and base their sense of self-worth on other CougarGuard posters.

B. My point is that there are a few here who have no intention of behaving civily on CB, yet the courtesy of explanation regarding deleted posts is given them. No such courtesy is given here, even to one who is not well-liked (admittedly by his own design).

Quote:
You should be a little more specific.
True. The sad thing is, my post wasn't anything offensive or vulgar or whatever. I merely said that I had a post deleted over at CougarBoard. The post was about how much of a freaking whiny hypocritical crybaby MikeWaters is and I'm glad 16 people got to read it before it was gone.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:20 AM   #28
fuegote

fuegote

Quote:
True. The sad thing is, my post wasn't anything offensive or vulgar or whatever. I merely said that I had a post deleted over at CougarBoard. The post was about how much of a freaking whiny hypocritical crybaby MikeWaters is and I'm glad 16 people got to read it before it was gone.
I actually read it as someone whiney calling out someone else for being whiney.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:22 AM   #29
JohnnyLingo

That's fine. You can read whatever you want into my posts. I'm not going to stop you.

All I can do is post what I think in as clear a way as I can.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:11 AM   #30
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No such courtesy is given here, even to one who is not well-liked (admittedly by his own design).
J.L. You are probably better liked here than your pride will allow you to admit. But I have to agree with you... I am surprised at how thin some people's skin can be over here.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote