cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Let's face it, on CB there is more

of an effort to protect the more sensitive religious folks.

Tell me this though. Why in doing the protection is a word like "weenie" aloud to stand, while the "p" word gets a pass.

Now weenie stands for a "hot dog" as well as something else.

The "p" word stands for "pussy cat" as well as something else.

Now I use the term "p" word instead of spelling it out because of my deference to the women folk on here and I think even if I am not using the word in a derogatory manner as regards to them, I will defer anyway.

I treat overly religious people with the same deference as they are pussies (term meaning wimps) when it comes to getting their feelings hurts.

Yes, I do have an obsession with my being suspended for using that word on CB.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if you're referring to me via the other thread that might have spurred your thoughts on this: but there are some on here that think I would fall into your classification.

However, at no time in my life have I ever been associated with being a "mullah"...a religious "wuss" (p)...etc...except for here I guess.

Was raised in an inactive home, lived all over this country...and I've come to the conclusion that there are personalities on this board that just like to throw around their intellect, try to dazzle and belittle. So, if you're talking about things on this board...their thoughts would be better served on some other religious board that like to berate "Anything Mormon".

If you're strictly talking language...whatever. Anyone that's been in any type of workplace...no problem.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
Not sure if you're referring to me via the other thread that might have spurred your thoughts on this: but there are some on here that think I would fall into your classification.

However, at no time in my life have I ever been associated with being a "mullah"...a religious "wuss" (p)...etc...except for here I guess.

Was raised in an inactive home, lived all over this country...and I've come to the conclusion that there are personalities on this board that just like to throw around their intellect, try to dazzle and belittle. So, if you're talking about things on this board...their thoughts would be better served on some other religious board that like to berate "Anything Mormon".

If you're strictly talking language...whatever. Anyone that's been in any type of workplace...no problem.
Are you coming to the Vegas game?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #4
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Working on it. Would be a rediculous drive down the day of, spend the night and drive back the next day.

Of note: I couldn't ride with ya. Would want too...but, have been off the bike for over a month now with zero riding time in the saddle. Work work work...it's killing me.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #5
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post

Nope, hadn't thought about you on this one. Ask anyone, I get on kicks, some call it obsessions and I bring it up over and over and over again. Getting suspended for using that word is one of the obsessions.

I have not put you in a "mullah" class, yet.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:35 AM   #6
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

What's funny to me on that site is that profanity is a big no-no, but the word "yewt" is considered worse than the f-bomb and is used regularly there without impunity.

Funny stuff.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote