cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2008, 05:23 AM   #11
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
No way! If I'd wanted to sound like Archaea I would have posted about excessive taxation and the struggle to make ends meet on a half mil per year.
You would need to throw in something about sex to make it convincing imitation.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:24 AM   #12
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post

Meanwhile, folks like that gullible stooge Cali Coug lap it all up.
Hey, are you name-calling?
Old 11-08-2008, 06:04 AM   #13
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Hey, are you name-calling?
Heh. You just been waiting all day to use that line, haven't ya.

Found that study yet?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #14
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

I agree with Palin on this one. It is a cheap shot from her own campaign. They have put her in a position where, if she says nothing, she appears to be admitting that everything they say is true, and if she responds, she looks somewhat like a whiner.

I would imagine that all four candidates said things in their debate prep that could be twisted into making them look pretty stupid. That's why you have debate prep, so you don't say those things on national TV.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #15
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bah, give me a break. This is her own campaign for crying out loud. This is incredibly unprofessional, even for politics.

Limbaugh noted the other day that McCain staff has spent more time defaming Sarah Palin than all the time it spent on Jeremiah Wright. McCain is out there, angry at his own party for using the word "Hussein" in Obama's name, and then he sits on his hands while staffers trash his VP.

Meanwhile, folks like that gullible stooge Cali Coug lap it all up.

What a disgrace.
But is it any surprise, Tex? This was one of the worst-coordinated campaigns in history. There was nothing professional about it ever. Why would anyone expect them to start doing anything strategic or professional now, when the battle is already lost?

These guys have proven themselves so entirely inept, that I certainly hope they have no future left with the party. As I said before, if party leadership knows what they're doing, they'll make sure all these guys are advisors for the Democrats next time around.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #16
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
I agree with Palin on this one. It is a cheap shot from her own campaign. They have put her in a position where, if she says nothing, she appears to be admitting that everything they say is true, and if she responds, she looks somewhat like a whiner.

I would imagine that all four candidates said things in their debate prep that could be twisted into making them look pretty stupid. That's why you have debate prep, so you don't say those things on national TV.
This is what I think is weird: if they really want to hurt her politically, this is not the way to do it. Her voting base will be okay with her having made some misspeaks or mistakes, because part of her charm is that she's not a career politician. If the party goes on the attack against her because of it, all the better.

If they really wanted to hurt her they'd have to spread rumors that contradict her marketability: point out ways in which she didn't behave like a Christian, or that she acted like a entitled diva instead of a NASCAR mom, or that she talked bad about the other women in national politics...that kind of thing.

Quote:
yeah, I know, but I really didn't want to go there.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #17
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Heh. You just been waiting all day to use that line, haven't ya.
No, actually I didn't have to wait long at all.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #18
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
This is what I think is weird: if they really want to hurt her politically, this is not the way to do it. Her voting base will be okay with her having made some misspeaks or mistakes, because part of her charm is that she's not a career politician. If the party goes on the attack against her because of it, all the better.

If they really wanted to hurt her they'd have to spread rumors that contradict her marketability: point out ways in which she didn't behave like a Christian, or that she acted like a entitled diva instead of a NASCAR mom, or that she talked bad about the other women in national politics...that kind of thing.
If people want to hurt Sarah Palin's career, they should simply let her continue doing her thing. She is clearly not bright, so the rest will take care of itself.

Keep in mind....she basically came off looking like a fool while playing the easier role of cheerleader. Imagine how foolish she will look under increased scrutiny is she chooses to play the role of quarterback in 2012. She will get demolished worse than W ever was.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #19
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Dr Ruth and Sue Johanson have likely told Archaea to talk about something else for a change.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #20
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
If people want to hurt Sarah Palin's career, they should simply let her continue doing her thing. She is clearly not bright, so the rest will take care of itself.
I'm not sure that "clearly not bright" by itself is much of a liability. GW managed to get himself re-elected after proving himself completely unsuitable for office. Like I said, if she just continues doing her thing, and the media jumps all over her, it will simply validate her standing as a legitimate member of the non-elite, which is her marketing angle to begin with.

For example, take my parents (and these are college-educated people here). I said, "Do you not have any concerns about Palin?" Dad said, "Of course not! What do you mean??" I said, "Well, she's clearly not very intelligent." Mom said, "Oh, don't buy into the liberal media propaganda. Of course she's intelligent -- she runs an entire state!"

This is really the mentality of the bloc Palin intends to appeal to. I'm not saying that that bloc alone is enough to get her the Presidency, but this is the group that she's going to use to propel herself forward. So it's going to take more than highly publicized miscues -- real or fabricated -- to hurt her potential.