cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #11
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
One other interesting bit. Brigham Young had advised Parley to leave the situation alone. Parley didn't leave the situation alone.
Did the people in Utah realize that Parley had moved in on another dude's woman? Seems to me that if they had realized that, they wouldn't have been so upset. They would have just figured he had it coming to him.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #12
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Did the people in Utah realize that Parley had moved in on another dude's woman? Seems to me that if they had realized that, they wouldn't have been so upset. They would have just figured he had it coming to him.
Uh... did you not read santos' post?
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:21 PM   #13
non sequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Uh... did you not read santos' post?
Actually I didn't read it. I just felt like posting something random about PPP, and coincidently enough it ended up in a thread that Santos had started about PPP. What are the odds of that?
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
Old 05-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #14
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
Actually I didn't read it. I just felt like posting something random about PPP, and coincidently enough it ended up in a thread that Santos had started about PPP. What are the odds of that?
You ought to read the long article on it I linked in (same article Pelagius linked) before you make judgement. It's possible the article is biased or inaccurate, but no one's challenged it here. The article leaves you with a pretty sympathetic view of PPP, and doesn't fit the standard anti-Mormon characterization of the story of PPP swooping in to steal a woman from her husband.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #15
non sequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
You ought to read the long article on it I linked in (same article Pelagius linked) before you make judgement. It's possible the article is biased or inaccurate, but no one's challenged it here. The article leaves you with a pretty sympathetic view of PPP, and doesn't fit the standard anti-Mormon characterization of the story of PPP swooping in to steal a woman from her husband.
The woman was in a bad situation, no doubt. And I'm sure PPP evaluated different options in his desire to help this poor woman out. I just don't have much respect for a guy who decides that the best way to help out a woman in an abusive relationship is to start screwing her.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #16
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I just don't have much respect for a guy who decides that the best way to help out a woman in an abusive relationship is to start screwing her.
LOL. NS, you have a gift for wit. Post more.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:49 AM   #17
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Professional use of sarcasm there.

I was just checking to see if you'd entirely ignored the 3rd point.

Now I know you did.

No harm, no foul.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:00 AM   #18
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
What happened to Hector?
He was killed by Achilles during the battle of Troy, as told in the Illiad.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:14 AM   #19
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
What happened to Hector?
Sorry, Arch didn't see this until AA pointed out Hector's place in great literature. I am pretty sure the Hector McLean was not punished at all for the murder of triple P. That is part of the reason that their was such an uproar in Utah. I mean people were obviously upset over the death of an apostle but an unpunished death fueled the flame. I don't have a good reference for this though and I could be wrong.

Last edited by pelagius; 05-11-2007 at 03:26 AM.
pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote