cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oama is treated with kid gloves

is it kid or kit, I never know?

He makes a horrendous statement about small town people and gun owners, and the media goes soft on him. If McCain had said something similar they'd assassinate his character.

Obama is the media darling whom they will do everything in their power to elect. He will be a big blundering mistake if he gets in, because despite his supposed rhetorical power, he has no staying power, no true vision and no cajones.

He will become the next Jimmy Carter of the Democratic Party, not as a former president but as the worst sitting president in our time.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

He makes a horrendous statement about small town people and gun owners, and the media goes soft on him. If McCain had said something similar they'd assassinate his character.

Obama is the media darling whom they will do everything in their power to elect. He will be a big blundering mistake if he gets in, because despite his supposed rhetorical power, he has no staying power, no true vision and no cajones.

He will become the next Jimmy Carter of the Democratic Party, not as a former president but as the worst sitting president in our time.
Amen, Brother Archaea.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

maybe...maybe not. A fairly bold prediction. There is a good chance we all will find out.

The main thing that causes my hesitation in voting for Obama is not any of these speeches and guffaws that happen in my peripheral vision of the election. My hesitation comes because I am selfish and I just wrote a check to the government today for $12,000 and I am not very happy about it. Obama will likely increase the check that I have to write in 2010 if not 2009. Obama is lucky the election is in November and not in April.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

It's racism. Liberals feel intense amounts of white guilt for all the evil acts perpetrated by our evil white supremacist forefathers.

Supporting a black presidential candidate soothes that guilt.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
Flystripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
It's racism. Liberals feel intense amounts of white guilt for all the evil acts perpetrated by our evil white supremacist forefathers.

Supporting a black presidential candidate soothes that guilt.
Barak is black? I thought he was Saudi.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
Barak is black? I thought he was Saudi.
I suppose a non-white candidate is enough to help liberals forget their guilt.

Thanks for not using Huskyfreenorthwest's "AND HIS MIDDLE NAME IS HUSSEIN!!!!!" strategy.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
maybe...maybe not. A fairly bold prediction. There is a good chance we all will find out.

The main thing that causes my hesitation in voting for Obama is not any of these speeches and guffaws that happen in my peripheral vision of the election. My hesitation comes because I am selfish and I just wrote a check to the government today for $12,000 and I am not very happy about it. Obama will likely increase the check that I have to write in 2010 if not 2009. Obama is lucky the election is in November and not in April.
You're reason to not vote for him is my reason as well, but it doesn't make you selfish to not want to pay high taxes - it makes you a normal person to not want to pay high taxes.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #8
Flystripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
I suppose a non-white candidate is enough to help liberals forget their guilt.

Thanks for not using Huskyfreenorthwest's "AND HIS MIDDLE NAME IS HUSSEIN!!!!!" strategy.
you're welcome
Old 04-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #9
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default If blacks are merely voting for him because he is

Quote:

black, is it legitimate for whites to vote for McCain simply because he is white?

Hopefully the blue dog dems will keep him in check and his reign will end like Carter's and then go on for 2 or 3 or 4 republican presidents henceforth. Assume this Obama clown hasn't bankrupted the country any worse than now. But with all his programs, it will be worse.

And BTW, he will not be pulling the troops out of Iraq. Guaranteed! He all mouth on Iraq like he is with his pastor, gun owner of PA, etc.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:36 AM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteRider View Post
It is very hard to imagine how Barak could be worse than Bush. It would take a very profound imagination to figure that out. Bush has been much worse than Carter. Carter was a nice guy who proved that it takes a lot more than being a nice guy to be president. The fact that Barak seems to be running a winning campaign against Hillary Clinton shows that he can perform in the world of politics like Carter never could.

How do you measure 'staying power, vision and cajones?' Looking at how all three candidates are running, Obama seems to have the others beet (in my lowly opinion) in all three of these categories.
He may be a vegetable, but he will be horrific and he may enslave us with a bunch of regulatory monoliths and tax burdens from which we will never recover.