cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss
Default Money Money Money Money!

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/money/gop.html

January 15th is when they have to report 4th qtr spending. Will be interesting to see what the front runners still have in the till. Romney has been goaded to reveal how much money he has spent over the 4th qtr, and he has remained silent on this issue, stating he will file on the 15th. He also said that he doesn't want his opponants to know before they have to file what he has spent. He claimed that it was good strategy to keep them in the dark for the time being.

Question is:

Is he apprehensive about how much he has spent and he doesn't want this to be used against him as a sign of weakness (MSM has already thrown that canard out there to be fought over by the ravenous "hate Mitt" crowd.

...or has he strategically been able to spend considerably less than many media pundits have guesstimated, and he would rather have underfunded candidates more complacent when hitting their own donor trail so that when he does reveal his strength, they will have little time to balance between solicitation efforts for votes and money.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

My guess, however improbable, is that Mitt outspent both Huckabee and McCain.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRoss View Post

Is he apprehensive about how much he has spent and he doesn't want this to be used against him as a sign of weakness
The amount of money he's spending on advertising is already being interpreted as an unfair advantage by the voters. (30% in New Hampshire said Romney ran an unfair campaign. The other candidates were at 12% or lower.) I'd imagine Mitt will put off disclosing his media expenditure as long as possible.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
My guess, however improbable, is that Mitt outspent both Huckabee and McCain.
sorry, not your best sarcasm. Some times you have me in stitches, but that one was more like , uh...yeah...okay..

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote