cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Perspective on the O's "struggles"

I don't buy that our O is going to struggle. We've got back nearly everybody but Watkins from an offense that was rocking last year. I haven't been this confident in an offense since 1996--OK maybe 1999 too, although that year was great until the last couple games.

Here's a perspective on why the O isn't racking up points. THE D ISN'T EVEN REQUIRED TO TACKLE. The whistle is blown at any contact and sometimes before contact, not just for the QB but on EVERY play. That alone probably accounts for most of the "struggle" the O has had.

Don't worry about the O. Worry about the DL and secondary.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I don't buy it either. A lot of fans are over-reacting to the O's struggles in the scrimmage.

The offense might have a hiccup or two during the season, but I'm 100% confident that they'll be the top offense in the MWC and Top 10 nationally.

I don't buy about the improved defense until I see it. I see that the overall team speed on defense has increased significantly, but that doesn't neccessarily equate to a better defense. Especiallly with so many youngsters on the D-line.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Smokescreen?

I don't buy it either. I mean, we ALL know that the offense is going to move the ball and be one of the better offenses we've seen in a while.

I wonder how much pub, or dis-information goes along with the ramp up to games? I mean, I wonder if they throw these bones to the media knowing that it makes it back to the Arizona camp...hoping to get their opponent over confident.

...just thinking outloud.