cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2008, 04:56 PM   #61
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
I'm sorry, everyone--I've promised not to engage with this bird-man. I just can't help it. I'm done now.
"Why can't I quit you?"
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #62
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
"Why can't I quit you?"
Remember--you're the one he's fantasizing about...
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #63
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
Remember--you're the one he's fantasizing about...
cringe!!!
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:41 PM   #64
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
cringe!!!
hehehe...now we're even.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #65
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
And to think you graduated from an esteemed research university, yet you apparently surmise that if you can't find proof of something by a Google search, it must not exist. Googlito ergo sum. Twit. Did you really think such a trivial incident would perforce be immortalized in cyberspace?

The conversation to which I was privy occurred between sessions of a local stake conference approximately 18 months ago. The casual conversation, involving two GAs, a stake president, and a token peon, began with a mention of how many people faint while giving a talk. Apparently knees lock, circulation to the brain is reduced, and people pass out. The GAs mentioned this had happened dozens of time over a few decades during their visits. But one GA (and I won't identify him, sorry) said the most famous such experience (apparently discussed frequently by the brethren on wet afternoons) was the one I recited previously, and the other GA nodded with a knowing smile. The story was told with some degree of affection about Elder McConkie's intensity, not with the intent to disparage him.

BTW, I googled "exUte" and "personality" and I didn't get anything either.
I understand the spirit it was offered in, but given the plethora of Mormon folklore, some substantiation would be nice. Even GAs are not totally immune to it.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:20 PM   #66
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Where is ERCoug's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Wow. You are supposedly an educated professional. There is a big difference between "I head such and such" versus copy and pasting several paragraphs without attribution.

Are you really that big of a dumb ass?

(the answer is "yes", folks).
attribution? Moron!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #67
exUte

Default If you can't find it in cyberspace........

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
And to think you graduated from an esteemed research university, yet you apparently surmise that if you can't find proof of something by a Google search, it must not exist. Googlito ergo sum. Twit. Did you really think such a trivial incident would perforce be immortalized in cyberspace?

The conversation to which I was privy occurred between sessions of a local stake conference approximately 18 months ago. The casual conversation, involving two GAs, a stake president, and a token peon, began with a mention of how many people faint while giving a talk. Apparently knees lock, circulation to the brain is reduced, and people pass out. The GAs mentioned this had happened dozens of time over a few decades during their visits. But one GA (and I won't identify him, sorry) said the most famous such experience (apparently discussed frequently by the brethren on wet afternoons) was the one I recited previously, and the other GA nodded with a knowing smile. The story was told with some degree of affection about Elder McConkie's intensity, not with the intent to disparage him.

BTW, I googled "exUte" and "personality" and I didn't get anything either.
that's pretty lame. You can find everything in cyberspace! Have you been living under a rock?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #68
exUte

Default Tormenting me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Oh you think I gave out your name to the people who are tormenting you. I never did any such thing, and frankly, don't even remember the names of those that donated.

I've never given a single name to anyone.
That's a good one.

You have to assume that I care to make that assumption. On a scale of 1-10, whether I care is somewhere around -2.

BTW.......the only dumb thing I have done in a while was donating to someone's cause that I thought could be trusted. My bad. Cause was good. Purveyor of such case, bad.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #69
exUte

Default It's all still folklore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I understand the spirit it was offered in, but given the plethora of Mormon folklore, some substantiation would be nice. Even GAs are not totally immune to it.
You have to assume this GA actually witnessed said incident and was not merely repeating it.

Having met BRM once, in the presence of his wife, in a temple ordinance gathering along with NAM, BRM was very sensitive to his wife and her needs (she was having some medical difficulty at the time)..........so I am calling BS on the accuracy of the original story.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #70
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
That's a good one.

You have to assume that I care to make that assumption. On a scale of 1-10, whether I care is somewhere around -2.

BTW.......the only dumb thing I have done in a while was donating to someone's cause that I thought could be trusted. My bad. Cause was good. Purveyor of such case, bad.
WTF? You're a real piece of shit to call me out on something that is not true, and that you have no evidence for. Go fuck yourself you ingrate and get the fuck off of my website.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote