cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2010, 06:06 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oh glorious day

Finally a win in the tourney. We didn't actually want the win. We begged Florida to take the win off our hands, but they refused.

I was very impressed with Loyd against TCU in Fort Worth. And boy did he come up big today. The basket to him must look as big as the ocean. How has he not been getting more PT? Jimmer was good but Jimmer also tried to do too much. Way over-dribbling leading to teammates standing and watching. BYU is best when they are playing team ball. This was not BYU basketball today. For example you really need Jackson Emery to play well. I thought rose played jimmer too much.

And what was up with jimmer's turnover that almost cost the game. Plus the missed free throws?

Floridas frontline killed on the boards. I'm not familiar with KState but if they have strong 4 and 5 we are in trouble. But when you have a good backcourt u always have a chance in the college game.

Good thing NM and BYU squeaked out wins. If all 4 MWC teams had lost that would have looked terrible.

Glorious day. We finally have the monkey off our backs. A win in the next game would be incredible.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

would love to stop hearing, "BYU is so unathletic."

Granted we're not Michael Jordan at every position, but if we're so unathletic, how do the SuperMen not stop Jimmer and Lloyd?

We're not as athletic as some of the elite programs but we're underestimated in that regard.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Loyd is extremely quick. Jimmer is strong. Emery is not a slouch, but his offense is less diversified. See blown wide-open layup.

Miles is a stiff.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Loyd is extremely quick. Jimmer is strong. Emery is not a slouch, but his offense is less diversified. See blown wide-open layup.

Miles is a stiff.
Miles did not reach his potential. I don't know what it was but he didn't fix mechanical problems.

For example, when he crouches to make himself small. Or the wasted motion in his free throw shooting. His lateral deficiencies in quickness really show.

Noah will work himself into a a competent role player, and in some respects already is.

Abouo has some sneaky abilities which need to be harnessed and Davies is more talented than I thought. He just turned 18, and in many states would still be playing high school ball.