cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MWC doing fine but not loaded with talent

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...about-NBA.html [for the record, i believe Fredette has a lot to improve upon and will be back].

Just think about it.

One of the two top league players is borderline NBA material. Travon Willis being the other, with Leonard of San Diego State and Hobbs or Gay of UNM being the others.

If one looked at the Big East, most of the top six teams have several NBA players.

I like our league and compared to others not name Big East, Big 12 or ACC, we compare well, but our talent is a big step below the top two leagues and little behind the Big 10 and SEC.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

No one knows for sure who has NBA players until they are actually in the NBA. There just aren't enough roster spots in the NBA available for me to really believe most Big East teams have "several" future NBA players. They obviously have a lot more getting attention right now, but numbers say most won't make it. The MWC is doing pretty well because its talent is not that far behind the BCS conferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...about-NBA.html [for the record, i believe Fredette has a lot to improve upon and will be back].

Just think about it.

One of the two top league players is borderline NBA material. Travon Willis being the other, with Leonard of San Diego State and Hobbs or Gay of UNM being the others.

If one looked at the Big East, most of the top six teams have several NBA players.

I like our league and compared to others not name Big East, Big 12 or ACC, we compare well, but our talent is a big step below the top two leagues and little behind the Big 10 and SEC.

Last edited by BlueK; 02-02-2010 at 06:21 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Jimmer becomes a commodity if BYU makes it to the Sweet 16. That's how you get known. Right now, nobody knows who he is.

Could he be a Dan Dickau, a Mark Price? Maybe. Hard for me to weigh in since I haven't seen BYU play this year. Like 99.99999% of Americans.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Jimmer becomes a commodity if BYU makes it to the Sweet 16. That's how you get known. Right now, nobody knows who he is.

Could he be a Dan Dickau, a Mark Price? Maybe. Hard for me to weigh in since I haven't seen BYU play this year. Like 99.99999% of Americans.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

You're missing a great season. Jimmer has been doing some amazing stuff. I remember watching Danny Ainge. The way Jimmer has been playing in the last few games reminds of stuff Ainge used to do. He's playing like a man among boys right now. Maybe the average fan doesn't know who he is, but the experts do. He seems to get a mention from the national columnists on ESPN.com almost every week now. Once he scored 49 at Arizona he started to get their attention on a regular basis. A couple of weeks ago he was on an ESPN.com poll with a few other players that asked who the best player in the country was. I don't know what his NBA chances are, but NBA folks know him. It's their job to.

Last edited by BlueK; 02-02-2010 at 07:41 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
You're missing a great season.
which means you should be inviting me over for the major games.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
which means you should be inviting me over for the major games.
Sure, anytime. I live in McKinney now.