cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #1
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah
Default I finally watched the game

Just a few observations:

I hate talking about officials and calls but, I may not have won this past week's contest without the help of our amazing officials. 2 fumbles recovered by BYU that were whistled dead and Tulsa kept the ball. Unbelievable. Not to mention that horrible holding call on Criddle.

Speaking of Criddle. I really like this kid. He's not talented enough to cover the his YAC this game was strong. That said, I don't think he does that against BC. Vakapuna is going to be a good one #1 WR on the offense man, but he can do okay with the #2 guy on each team we'll face, especially with help underneath from a LB or over the top with one of the safeties. What I really like is his run defense. He really steps up and fills quickly avoiding and shucking the block most times. Tafuna was filling nicely too.

As someone mentioned before (Goat maybe?) this team rolls as CB rolls. I love the kid but I am not expecting half the game he had against Tulsa this week at BC.

Vakapuna is going to be a good one.

Penalties still killed us. Too many false starts. Sete almost gave the ball back on his inadvertent snap. I am not conviced yet by this OL. BC game will tell a lot. I don't expect them to dominate the LOS this week.

All in all a good game and effort by both sides of the ball. I hope Bronco can keep this team grounded this week. I think a loss, especially a big loss this week could set this team back significantly which can affect the rest of the season. A win and this team could roll although TCU and Utah both away will be difficult games. Our success will be determined by Anae's gameplan. BC is going to do the same thing they did last year. They're going to neutralize the run and deep threat and give up the dink and dump stuff underneath. To win we need to be a bit more creative than just taking what they give us, and also we can't have penalties or dropped balls stall drives. Good win Cougars, beat BC.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote