cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2009, 03:51 AM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
God bless the lady cop for not allowing this ****sucker to kill himself. She is a true hero and I hope she makes a full recovery. Hopefully the chickenshit does too so WE can kill him.
I see no good no matter what. 13 dead, 30 injured. One insane MF. So we have a high profile trial and then execute him in ten years. Sounds like a glorious success. Glory be.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is an article explaining why Hasan will likely not be executed.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...y.4081ec8.html

The reason is this: military trials are so prone to mistakes, that death penalties get turned over on appeal. In other words, most likely, the military is too incompetent to actually punish this guy properly.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:39 AM   #13
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I see no good no matter what. 13 dead, 30 injured. One insane MF. So we have a high profile trial and then execute him in ten years. Sounds like a glorious success. Glory be.
I'm not rejoicing in anything, I'm just glad this POS doesn't get to take the cowards way out. And it could have been worse had not the officer intervened.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #14
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
I'm not rejoicing in anything, I'm just glad this POS doesn't get to take the cowards way out. And it could have been worse had not the officer intervened.
What I don't understand, because I haven't read the stories, is how it was possible. 43 army personnel not in reach of a weapon?

I respectfully disagree. I wish he were dead and that no trial were ensuing.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad he has to face justice. He is here to see the pain he has caused his family and friends. And the pain he has inflicted on the victims and their friends and family.

Now he may be beyond conscience. And may feel no remorse at all. In fact, that is probably the psychological path of least resistance. People are very good at not blaming themselves.

I want his acts to be recounted, enumerated, and judged. I want his peers to sit in judgment and hand down punishment. And finally, he will suffer the consequences. Years of paralysis in prison followed by execution.

It is probably psychologically important for the victims to be able to face the perpetrator, rather than have the person gone and unexplained.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #16
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'm glad he has to face justice. He is here to see the pain he has caused his family and friends. And the pain he has inflicted on the victims and their friends and family.

Now he may be beyond conscience. And may feel no remorse at all. In fact, that is probably the psychological path of least resistance. People are very good at not blaming themselves.

I want his acts to be recounted, enumerated, and judged. I want his peers to sit in judgment and hand down punishment. And finally, he will suffer the consequences. Years of paralysis in prison followed by execution.

It is probably psychologically important for the victims to be able to face the perpetrator, rather than have the person gone and unexplained.
Well I'm not much in vengeance and I don't understand psychological closure.