cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tony Romo is awesome

For those of you that fell away from the Cowboys, it's time to come back home. Romo is the kind of guy that can make you fall in love with the Cowboys all over again.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:18 PM   #2
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I've been a Cowboys fan since I was a kid. It's too bad Parcells didn't go to him earlier, but it is also nice to know that Cowboys have finally found their QB of the now and future.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Sorry. Never liked the Cowboys. For the five years I lived in Austin, it was amazing to see how much coverage the Cowboys got in the local press, even though they totally sucked during that time frame. They dominated the nightly newscast and they would have 2-3 full pages of coverage in the sports section of the newspaper. The Houston Oilers on the other hand, would barely get a mention. I found that kid of odd, since both towns are about equally distant from Austin.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
For those of you that fell away from the Cowboys, it's time to come back home. Romo is the kind of guy that can make you fall in love with the Cowboys all over again.
Did they bring Tom Landry back and get rid of Jerry Jones? That is about the only way I could cheer for the Cowboys.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Sorry. Never liked the Cowboys. For the five years I lived in Austin, it was amazing to see how much coverage the Cowboys got in the local press, even though they totally sucked during that time frame. They dominated the nightly newscast and they would have 2-3 full pages of coverage in the sports section of the newspaper. The Houston Oilers on the other hand, would barely get a mention. I found that kid of odd, since both towns are about equally distant from Austin.
Why would you find that odd? It's pretty obvious common knowledge how popular the Cowboys have always been compared to....well everyone else in the NFL.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:40 AM   #6
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Did they bring Tom Landry back and get rid of Jerry Jones? That is about the only way I could cheer for the Cowboys.
I suppose that they could dig up Tom Landry but I doubt that he would be in the mood to do much coaching.