cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
barnes

barnes is on a distinguished road
Default Question concering being Born in the Covenant

I know personally of this scenerio happening and was wondering if anyone had insight to my questions below.

Bill and Sue are divorcees who get civilly married but are still sealed to each of their ex-spouses. Their previous marriages were both temple marriages. Not yet sealed to each other Bill and Sue have a child, Billy Jr.

Is Billy Jr. “Born in the Covenant”? : Yes he is, but who is he sealed to at this point?

Later Bill and Sue get sealed in the temple. In order to do this Sue has her previous sealing cancelled They are told by their leaders (this policy I believe was set by HBL) that it is unnecessary to have Bill Jr. sealed to them since he was Born in the Covenant and therefore was not present to the sealing of his parents since he is a child.

Why was it unessary for Billy Jr. to be sealed to his parents when they got sealed? Who is Billy Jr. sealed to now?

Is Billy Jr. sealed to his father Bill, or to Sue’s ex, or only to Sue? I assume that Billy Jr. is not sealed to Sue’s ex since her sealing was eventually canceled and has no biological claim to Billy Jr.
barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:27 AM   #2
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

I have no idea, but I believe it'll all work out in the end.

My younger brother married a young widow with two kids who had been married in the temple. Because she is still sealed to another man, my brother and she weren't able to get married in the temple. To top it off, I've been told by numerous "experts" that any children they may have together would automatically be born in the covenant - except not to him, but to his wife's first husband whom she is still sealed to.

Now I have my doubts whether that is true, but even if technically true, the reality is that they would still be my brother's children in the afterlife - those relationships aren't going to just <poof> disappear. Like I said, it will all work out in the end.