cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 04:59 AM   #1
FMCoug

FMCoug
Default Gotta love Texas

No such thing as illegal fireworks here. Most of the cities don't let you light them in city limits, but we live in the county. And with all the rain there is no burn ban. So we had quite the pyro display here tonight. We bought a bunch of stuff, and my next door neighbor brough over a bunch. Maybe $200 worth of fireworks all together. Good stuff too, not just the little fountains that you sit on the ground. We had Roman candles (the real ones that shoot out like 10 shots that explode in the air), bottle rockets, massive packs of firecrackers, and one guy brought a pack of 30 artillery shells. These are the bigt ones that go way up in the sky (maybe twice your typical bottle rocket) and explode in 2 or 3 bursts. Like the pro stuff at the commercial events.

Good times.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:07 AM   #2
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
No such thing as illegal fireworks here. Most of the cities don't let you light them in city limits, but we live in the county. And with all the rain there is no burn ban. So we had quite the pyro display here tonight. We bought a bunch of stuff, and my next door neighbor brough over a bunch. Maybe $200 worth of fireworks all together. Good stuff too, not just the little fountains that you sit on the ground. We had Roman candles (the real ones that shoot out like 10 shots that explode in the air), bottle rockets, massive packs of firecrackers, and one guy brought a pack of 30 artillery shells. These are the bigt ones that go way up in the sky (maybe twice your typical bottle rocket) and explode in 2 or 3 bursts. Like the pro stuff at the commercial events.

Good times.
Every year I 'm amazed at the quality and caliber of the mortars you can buy and fire here in WA (both legal and the ones from the reservation).

We had single and three shot mortars.

I bet my neighbor dropped 5 bills on what he was shooting off. Crazy.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote