cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #21
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

What a horrible excuse for a movie. I want that three hours back. (OK, maybe 1.5 hours if you subtract the time I slept and the last 1/2 hr that I left the room from boredom).

I had heard it was bad, but one of my kids wanted to see it so we rented it. Big mistake.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #22
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Pirates 2 was worse than 3. I remember wishing 2 was over while watching it, something I rarely do in the movie theater.

Three was bad, but at least it didn't drag that badly.

Plus, Keira Knightley is hot. That makes it better.
Crap. I liked 1, didn't really get into 2 and I think my wife bought 3 for Christmas. Maybe we can take it back... I'll hope my parents buy it, so we can watch theirs and know it sucks and take it back.

Quote:
And speaking of trilogies:

Ocean's 11 is awesome. Ocean's 12 was craptastically craptastic. Ocean's 13 was better than 12, but not as good as 11.
Ocean's 11 was a great flick. So many good one liners, little things that you catch each time you watch it; it still gets better with each watch. I enjoyed 12, although it was clearly not at the same level as 11. Not even close. But I was able to enjoy it for what it was, a film made by guys (and girls) who had fun doing it. 13 was much better than 12, although still short of 11. Although I will say I enjoyed 13 more the second time I watched it than the first.

Quote:
X-men 1 was awesome. X-men 2 was better. X-men 3 was not as good as the other two, but still pretty good.
Agreed. X2 was the best of the three, although I liked X3 about as much as I liked X1. I think the X-men series played out better in the movies than the Spiderman series did. Of course, I'm not a comic book fan much, so take it with a grain of salt. Plus Jean Gray was much hotter than Mary Jane or whatever Kristen Dunst name was in those movies.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote