cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #21
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Now that's "CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!!!!!!"

YES WE CAN!

YES WE CAN!

YES WE CAN!
Those are exclamation points that would make even Cali Coug proud.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #22
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Bush has lowered the bar so far, I could be president.

Bush was how many years removed from his sweetheart deal as the Texas Rangers part-owner? I would say Senator in Congress is more work and experience than x amount of years as Texas Governor (which has very little power).

Seeing that Bush did not do that spectacular of a job, lets not make him the benchmark of what a presidents experience should be. Lets say Obama is slightly more qualified than Bush is/was to be president. It still falls well below what we
should be asking of a qualified CIC.

But then again, I do not see a candidate I am comfortable saying is qualified or will do a great job, So Obama is no less or more attractive in that sense than the others.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:59 PM   #23
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Hillary is beyond desperate. This will be remembered as one of the slimiest, most pathetic tricks in modern U.S. political history.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811

Is anyone really surprised by this? This is how the Clinton political machine works: if you can't win with (idiotic) issues, destroy the competition.

I predict this will be mild compared to what is to come. Mrs. Clinton won't be denied to that which she feels entitled.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:04 PM   #24
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

What is the real evidence that the Clinton campaign released the photo? Drudge's word?

I realize that the Clinton campaign hasn't denied responsibility, but this may only be a reflection of the fact that Clinton doesn't have control over her staffers or know what's going on.

I'm hearing rumors (including from Obama supporters) that Drudge is lying when he claims that the Clinton campaign released the photo.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #25
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
What is the real evidence that the Clinton campaign released the photo? Drudge's word?

I realize that the Clinton campaign hasn't denied responsibility, but this may only be a reflection of the fact that Clinton doesn't have control over her staffers or know what's going on.

I'm hearing rumors (including from Obama supporters) that Drudge is lying when he claims that the Clinton campaign released the photo.
Why would Drudge lie about it?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:28 PM   #26
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it is an entirely different context, but I was reminded of the video of Dukakis riding around in the tank with that goofy looking helmet (the helemt itslef was fine, but it looked very goofy on him) and how that affected (it seemed to me) how seriously people took him.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:03 AM   #27
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
Seeing that Bush did not do that spectacular of a job, lets not make him the benchmark of what a presidents experience should be. Lets say Obama is slightly more qualified than Bush is/was to be president. It still falls well below what we
should be asking of a qualified CIC.

But then again, I do not see a candidate I am comfortable saying is qualified or will do a great job, So Obama is no less or more attractive in that sense than the others.
I definitely think experience is necessary for success.

Sincerely,

Theo Epstein
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:08 AM   #28
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
In the original report, no one ever claimed that the Clinton camp released the photo publicly. The claim was that the Clinton employees were circulating the photo privately. How the photo/email got to Drudge, and whether deliberate or by accident, those are the questions.

Creek, I love the Dukakis ad. That's probably my first memory of politics. A guy with a name that sounds like a euphemism for excrement, giving a thumbs up while riding around in a gigantic tank, wearing a combat helmet two sizes too big. Isn't America great??
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote