cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 12:55 AM   #91
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Any religion that practices "honor killings" should not be legal imo. An example of an honor killing would be a woman being murdered by her father or brother because she wants a divorce.
That would be unconstitutional - a violation of free exercise of religion.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:58 AM   #92
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
i havenot explained any thing? may be you havenot understood any thing ..
i am telling you the way we perceive islam is completely different from what you have imagined about a religion .becuase we believe that islam is not A thing among others which may or may not practice but ,its EVERYTHING.
and we have enough proofs for that ..so are you challenging me becuase iam not an islamic schallors and you feel better to deafet me ?? how sad
You're now just spinning it.

Islam starts with an idea and a motive in the heart of a man. He either submits or does not submit to what he perceives is the will of God.

It is nonsensical to argue "Islam is everything." That's saying the universe is everything, well of course it is, because that's what the word means.

We are not challenging you, we are inviting you to explain a concept which is immoral at the natural level. It is immoral to murder.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:00 AM   #93
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
i dont know any one who have more passion over killing people than americans ..i hate to break it to you ..
but no i am not saying iam going to kill you if you insult my prophet .so you could feel free and kill yourself to death doing that in your down time ..i dont mind
just try to UNDERESTAND why muslim people do respect their prophet and the whole concept of religion.
"you want to be alive to live ,we want to live to be alive"
you could start from here.
I'm trying to UNDERSTAND - but you're not EXPLAINING. How do you expect me to UNDERSTAND if you don't EXPLAIN?
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:07 AM   #94
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
actually, what, less than 20% of Mormons live in Utah?

Does Utah have a high rate of anorexia? I hadn't heard that.

Actually, what, less than 25% of Muslims live in the Middle East?
ChinoCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:27 AM   #95
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I know for a fact based on my own experience from teaching a Muslim from Amman, Jordan in Fremont California back in 1992.

After 2 discussions he disappeared.

When we further inquired about what had happened. His brother told us that word had got out of his inquiry into Christianity and Mormonism. His brother explained to us that the sect of Islam they believed in did not allow them to inquire or even ask about other religions. That he'd seen people himself killed many times himself for even daring to question something that plagued ones mind. To associate with the thinking and behavior of Infidels was not tolerated. We were told that his brother feared for his life and had gone into hiding. I have no idea what happened to the man. He was a very good guy.

About a month later at Zone Conference a letter had been read to us giving us specific instructions that we were not to teach Muslims because of the physical danger they'd bring upon themselves should they be discovered learning about other religions.

That's just one small example.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 07-04-2007 at 01:31 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:29 AM   #96
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I know for a fact based on my own experiences from teaching a Muslim from Amman, Jordan in Fremont California back in 1992.

When we further inquired about what had happened. His brother told us that word had got out of his inquiry into Christianity and Mormonism. He feared for his life and had gone into hiding.

About a month later at Zone Conference a letter had been read to us giving us specific instructions that we were not to teach Muslims because of the danger they'd bring upon themselves.

Rocky is correct that the Church discourages the teaching of Muslims out of a fear for their safety.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:30 AM   #97
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I know for a fact based on my own experiences from teaching a Muslim from Amman, Jordan in Fremont California back in 1992.

When we further inquired about what had happened. His brother told us that word had got out of his inquiry into Christianity and Mormonism. He feared for his life and had gone into hiding.

About a month later at Zone Conference a letter had been read to us giving us specific instructions that we were not to teach Muslims because of the danger they'd bring upon themselves.

On my mission I ran into a group of Saudi's studying Chinese. We hit it off well with one guy and had quite a few interesting chats with him. We didn't really teach him the discussions, but had a lot of good religious conversations. The only time he really got pissed off at me was when I told him American pro wrestling was fake. He was in love with Bret "The Hitman" Hart. It was then I knew that his heart wasn't ready.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:32 AM   #98
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
On my mission I ran into a group of Saudi's studying Chinese. We hit it off well with one guy and had quite a few interesting chats with him. We didn't really teach him the discussions, but had a lot of good religious conversations. The only time he really got pissed off at me was when I told him American pro wrestling was fake. He was in love with Bret "The Hitman" Hart. It was then I knew that his heart wasn't ready.
LOL! That's a great story.

Poor Ol' Bret was forced to retire several years ago after suffering a stroke. He's in "good health" now.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:35 AM   #99
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
LOL! That's a great story.

Poor Ol' Bret was forced to retire several years ago after suffering a stroke. He's in "good health" now.
It was hilarious. We were in the middle of a discussion about religion when he got a serious look on his face. In a thick Arab accent he said, "Tell me about this Bret Hart. The Hitman. The way he walks. The way he talks and wears his sunglasses. He's sooo cooool!"
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:01 AM   #100
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
That the West will have to kill so many more Muslims in self-defense is truly sad.
It's hard to claim self-defense when we are half way around the world in THEIR countries. That is like saying someone broke into my house and killed my wife in self defense.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote