cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 04:59 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Admission:

I was never an AP, but I wanted the AP's car and their proximity to the mission home because of the free food they often ate.

Did I campaign? Apparently not, but I did covet the car in the rain and snow. Between eating the "food" using that term loosely prepared by another Elder who had no business preparing food or eating in the mission home I would have much preferred the mission home. And nobody looked forward to my cooking either.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

I saw my mission home twice, the day I arrived and the day I left. To me it looked like the worst place a person could be sent. My favorite was an Indian reserve in western Ontario with perhaps 3000 people total in the area. The nearest missionaries were about 150 miles away and we had a truck. I could have stayed there the whole time.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

My mission president often sent me in the areas farthest from the mission home and with some of the toughest companions that no one else seemed to be able to get along with (including one companion I had for 5 months).

I'm not sure if this was a reflection of me being a good missionary or a bad missionary.

Whatever the case was, it definitely wasn't because I was a kiss-ass.

Last edited by Indy Coug; 05-07-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
I saw my mission home twice, the day I arrived and the day I left. To me it looked like the worst place a person could be sent. My favorite was an Indian reserve in western Ontario with perhaps 3000 people total in the area. The nearest missionaries were about 150 miles away and we had a truck. I could have stayed there the whole time.
We called our AP's "your AP-ness" (like royalty). Occasionally, one of them would actually understand that we were really saying, "Yes you're a penis."
Old 05-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #5
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
My mission president often sent me in the areas farthest from the mission home and with some of the toughest companions that no one else seemed to be able to get along with (including one companion I had for 5 months).

I'm not sure if this was a reflection of me being a good missionary or a bad missionary.

Whatever the case was, it definitely wasn't because I was a kiss-ass.
Maybe you were the bad missionary he was trying to get as far away as possible
Old 05-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #6
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
Maybe you were the bad missionary he was trying to get as far away as possible
I'm open to that possibility. I certainly didn't set any baptism records. My first two areas got shut down after me being there a month in each place.

I do know that my results had zero correlation with my effort or obedience to mission rules.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #7
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP
Default I campaigned briefly for AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I was never an AP, but I wanted the AP's car and their proximity to the mission home because of the free food they often ate.

Did I campaign? Apparently not, but I did covet the car in the rain and snow. Between eating the "food" using that term loosely prepared by another Elder who had no business preparing food or eating in the mission home I would have much preferred the mission home. And nobody looked forward to my cooking either.
Made a few calls to other well connect missionaries, took a straw poll, yada, yada, yada. Probably could have gotten it if I wanted to keep the rules for my last 3 months. Instead I got stuck with some Idaho douche bag on the side of a mountain for 3 months.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #8
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
We called our AP's "your AP-ness" (like royalty). Occasionally, one of them would actually understand that we were really saying, "Yes you're a penis."
We'd use that one too. Good stuff.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #9
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP View Post
Made a few calls to other well connect missionaries, took a straw poll, yada, yada, yada. Probably could have gotten it if I wanted to keep the rules for my last 3 months. Instead I got stuck with some Idaho douche bag on the side of a mountain for 3 months.
But you served with the pride of both Cougarboard in WickedJared. I am thinking his P-Day eves had to be a mission highlight.

You also were in the presence of Elder Nate Vorwaller who had the pleasure of calling Simi Valley home until his dad moved Nate, and his hot sister Courlina, to Vernal or Toelle or some sorry place such as that.

As for Idaho Johny Lingo's, thems fightin' words.....Leading her way to fame....

Oddly enough, I was never an AP. But I did set a record for dropping the most references about fake hooters during a zone conference talk.

I did see some of my APs at a Jazz game a couple of years ago. One was a wireless phone salesman so I did something I have always wanted to do to both him and a wireless salesman. I headbutted him in the bridge of the nose with every fibre of my being. Not many people get the chance to sumultaneously beat the shit out of a wireless salesman, which for a landline phone guy is an extra bonus, and a former AP.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #10
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP View Post
But you served with the pride of both Cougarboard in WickedJared. I am thinking his P-Day eves had to be a mission highlight.

You also were in the presence of Elder Nate Vorwaller who had the pleasure of calling Simi Valley home until his dad moved Nate, and his hot sister Courlina, to Vernal or Toelle or some sorry place such as that.

As for Idaho Johny Lingo's, thems fightin' words.....Leading her way to fame....

Oddly enough, I was never an AP. But I did set a record for dropping the most references about fake hooters during a zone conference talk.

I did see some of my APs at a Jazz game a couple of years ago. One was a wireless phone salesman so I did something I have always wanted to do to both him and a wireless salesman. I headbutted him in the bridge of the nose with every fibre of my being. Not many people get the chance to sumultaneously beat the shit out of a wireless salesman, which for a landline phone guy is an extra bonus, and a former AP.