cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Sirius or XM
Sirius 3 60.00%
XM 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
VAX77

VAX77
Default XM or Sirius?

My wife got me a Sirius radio for my car yesterday. She said she did not know if I wanted XM or Sirius and she kept the receipt so I could take it back if I wanted to get XM. I wanted to know if any of you have a sirius or xm and what are your thoughts.
VAX77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:27 PM   #2
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

My job requires me travel a lot, so I driven hundreds of rental cars. Several were outfitted with Sirius and several were outfitted with XM. Based purely on programming, I'd take XM in a heartbeat. The thing I liked about XM was out-of-market sporting events. I could be in Detroit and listen to a San Francisco Giants game. With Sirius it seemed like I only listened to the comedy stations and those were really lame. My vote goes to XM.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:33 PM   #3
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road
Default Re: XM or Sirius?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAX77
My wife got me a Sirius radio for my car yesterday. She said she did not know if I wanted XM or Sirius and she kept the receipt so I could take it back if I wanted to get XM. I wanted to know if any of you have a sirius or xm and what are your thoughts.
How old are you? I have both (it's a long story). If you are more into classic rock, Sirius is the answer (by a long shot). If you are more into the recent stuff, go with XM. XM also has a little broader suite of news programs (CNN, FOX, MSNBC, type of channels).
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:43 PM   #4
VAX77

VAX77

28, I have looked over both channel line-ups and I can't decide. I like the fact that XM has the ACC, Big Ten, and PAC Ten. It is a tough call though...
VAX77 is offline   Reply With Quote